Port Vila hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Port Vila
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||£61|
|Average price (weekend night):||£109|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Port Vila cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Port Vila hotel
- Vila Bay is the major tourist hotspot in Port Vila. For those who have come to Vanuatu to relax on the beach, you will likely be looking for a spot at the north end of the bay. Nestled between two peaceful beaches with the Banyan Beach Bar next door, Chantilly’s on the Bay is a good option with a private picturesque wooden jetty and a view of the harbour.
- For those who will be on a boat or touring the harbour, the private marina is at the south of Vila Bay. There are a range of different harbour tours and adventure packages along here, including those for divers and snorkelers. A hotel in this area such as the Grant Hotel And Casino will put you right at the waterfront with many dining options within a 5-minute walk.
- If you are looking for a view, the Vanuatu Jungle Zipline in Mele Maat soars across the treetops and gives you a panoramic view of the harbour. A good hotel on this side of Port Vila is the Benjor Beach Club, located at the foot of the hill and a 5-minute drive to the popular Evergreen Cascades WaterFalls.
- If you are hoping to escape the main tourist area since it can get very busy at the height of the season, you may want to consider staying alongside Erakor Lagoon. Just 10 minutes away from Vila Bay, Poppy’s On The Lagoon has its own private beach and boasts a beautiful vista of the picturesque Erakor Lagoon.
- For those hoping to escape the mainland, Iririki Island is just off the coast of Port Vila. You can stay on the island at the 4-star Iririki Island Resort and enjoy the colourful coral reefs at your leisure. The Resort offers a large range of activities like traditional entertainment, spa packages, beach games and water sports as well as a number of dining options.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Port Vila
Which hotels in Port Vila are in the central city?
For those looking for a bit of everything, staying in the centre city will put you within easy distance of the most popular sights and things to do in Port Vila. The Coconut Palms Resort and The Melanesian Port Vila Hotel are both good options in the centre city within a 5-minute walk to the Vanuatu National Museum, where you can learn more about the colourful Vanuatu culture.
Which hotels in Port Vila are on a private island?
For those who have dreamed of living like a billionaire for a week, there are a number of small, privately owned tropical islands in Vila Bay and Erakor Lagoon, providing luxurious stays in the peace and quiet. The Hideaway Island Resort is just off the coast of the bay and the Erakor Island Resort and Spa is at the mouth of the Erakor Lagoon.
What are some good spa and resort hotels in Port Vila?
If you are looking for a hotel where you can be pampered and completely relax, the Warwick Le Lagon at the mouth of Erakor Lagoon is a good option, with villas that offer private spa pools, perfect for honeymoon getaways. Another good alternative is the Eratap Beach Resort, located in the countryside around Port Vila at Eratap Point in the peace and quiet.
What hotels in Port Vila offer an airport shuttle?
Port Vila’s international airport, Bauerfield, is a 15-minute drive from the centre of Port Vila. The Terraces Boutique Apartments and Vanuatu Beachfront Apartments both offer an airport shuttle at a charge, removing the stress of having to organise transport for yourself and your luggage.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.