The Casa da Várzea is a very old building, profoundly altered in the second half of the eighteenth century, by the hand of the then owner Jose Caetano da Gama Araújo e Azevedo, can accommodate for the avenged him thirteen children, acquiring the classical architectural feature that today features. However, the House has been around a lot and in the same family since at least the conclusion of a long lease contract between Francisco de Brito and the Town Council of Braga in 1553. Here was the seat of the old Lowland Couto, confiscated the prócere Count Nuno Mendes in 1071 and later, in 1132, escambada the Cathedral of Braga, which is permissible under the current building are still the foundations of medieval fifth. The apparatus works started in the eighteenth century were not completed, including the staircase outside the border to the facade, which is planned and partially carried out has never been placed. However, because of recent date, the building itself was expanded to the south and west with a new body, to the detriment of the old kitchen and the possibility of building a balcony certainly expected and never performed. The house consists of three distinct parts: - The building of more classical architecture, defined by two poorly exposed facades (North and East) but clearly visible from all over the valley, respectively, 5 and 6 bay windows each. The inner division is characteristic of this region and since that time, with a succession of large rooms with ceilings trough (one octagonal paneled bowl), communicating with each other by large doors in symmetrical arrangement with wall cabinets of identical dimensions. On the ground floor are the winery, the winery and other agricultural collections. - A building juxtaposed to the south, also on two floors appearing to be older, but he certainly added to the reuse of old stonework. - A body added to the south and west for about 50 years with granite walls and partitions perpianho very narrow brick-pressed, single level floor by floor from the rest. The exterior facades are remarkable north and east where pontificate some interesting architectural details. This beautiful manor house is located in the bucolic village of Eaves and green, scarcely two miles from the village of S. Martin of Gandhinagar and substantially midway between the towns of Ponte de Lima and Ponte da Barca. Dominating the fertile farm that is double and the plains of Eaves and Gandhinagar, has good access and excellent panoramic views that are lost in the distant mountains of Peneda and Miranda.