Good to know
|Distance to city centre||2.2 mi|
|Nearest airport||George Town Penang Intl|
|Distance to airport||10.0 mi|
|"Huge variety of breakfast buffet"||(in 57 reviews)|
|"Love the spacious room and decor."||(in 152 reviews)|
|"Excellent service and comfortable"||(in 39 reviews)|
|"The air conditioning was not cold."||(in 10 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|air cond not cold||in 19 reviews|
|buffet breakfast||in 94 reviews|
|comfortable bed and pillows||in 67 reviews|
|excellent service||in 65 reviews|
|executive lounge||in 72 reviews|
|good hotel||in 122 reviews|
|good service||in 77 reviews|
|great location||in 230 reviews|
|gurney plaza||in 64 reviews|
|hawker centre||in 17 reviews|
|huge variety||in 4 reviews|
|location is beside shopping mall||in 223 reviews|
|mini bar||in 30 reviews|
|near to shopping mall||in 101 reviews|
|room is big||in 248 reviews|
|single bed||in 97 reviews|
|staff were friendly||in 154 reviews|
|walking distance||in 17 reviews|
Excellent2018-07-25, by Verified Hotel Guest10.0
Our second stay was just as good as our first! Definitely for our next
Wonderful spacious and clean rooms. Very hospitable staff. Good food, wonderful pool deck and gym. And the location is fantastic!
Excellent2019-12-06, by Cheng9.0
Next to Gurney Plaza, a shopping mall that has almost everything. Gurney Night Food Market is just 2 minutes walk. Staffs are very professional, always ready to help and always with a smile. Room is spacious and clean. Complimentary mini bar items for guests.
Excellent2019-12-03, by Eddee10.0
Wonderful location. Great gym. Nice restaurants nearby. Practically next door to Gurney Road Hawker Centre.
Poor2019-12-01, by Anonymous2.0
1. The breakfast was good with a wide variety of food. 2. The location of the hotel is very good. 3. The staff were friendly and helpful.
1. The one bedroom suite I stayed with my wife was old and dated. Its needs to be refurbished. The view from the windows were other apartments. 2. The cushions on the couch looks worn out and has a bad smell 3. The carpet in the room looks dirty and needs a deep cleaning 4. The card access system is old and outdated. My access cards keeps getting corrupted. 5. The Executive Lounge's evening cocktail food and drinks needs to be improved and with better quality. The house pouring red wine was terrible and I would have expected the quality of the whisky to be better than JW Red Label. 6. I paid about MYR710/night for a one bedroom suite with executive lounge access, and I didn't experience and get the value for the money I paid for.
Excellent2019-11-25, by Jenny10.0
Everything is perfect, hotel and executive lounge food is delicious with adequate variety, pool is big and clean especially the jacuzzi pool, room is spacious and clean, it is really a trendy family friendly hotel and sure I will stay at G hotel again next time when I am back to Penang.
Can’t think of anything
With a stay at G Hotel Gurney in George Town (Downtown George Town), you'll be steps from Gurney Drive and 13 minutes by foot from Wat Chaiya Mangkalaram. Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in George Town? This hotel has facilities measuring 6997 square feet (650 square meters), including a conference center. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
based on 8,836 reviews
Things to know
- Clean rooms
- Nice building
- Friendly atmosphere
- Great shopping
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at G Hotel Gurney
Where is G Hotel Gurney located?
G Hotel Gurney is located at 168 A Persiaran Gurney, , Penang, Malaysia, 2.2 miles from the centre of George Town. Gurney Plaza is the closest landmark to G Hotel Gurney.
When is check-in time and check-out time at G Hotel Gurney?
Check-in time is 14:00 and check-out time is 12:00 at G Hotel Gurney.
Does G Hotel Gurney offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, G Hotel Gurney offers free Wi-Fi.
Does G Hotel Gurney offer free parking?
Yes, G Hotel Gurney offers free parking.
Does G Hotel Gurney offer free airport shuttle service?
No, G Hotel Gurney does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is G Hotel Gurney from the airport?
G Hotel Gurney is 10 miles from George Town Penang Intl. G Hotel Gurney is 52.4 miles from Alor Setar.
Can you bring pets to G Hotel Gurney?
No, pets are not allowed at G Hotel Gurney.
Does G Hotel Gurney have a pool?
Yes, G Hotel Gurney has a pool on-site.
Reviews about G Hotel Gurney
Most popular landmarks
- Gurney Plaza 214 yd
- Wat Chaiyamangalaram 0.5 mi
- Dhammikarama Burmese Buddhist Temple 0.5 mi
- Penang Botanic Gardens 1.4 mi
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion 2 mi
- Penang Times Square 2 mi
|George Town Penang Intl||10 mi|
|Alor Setar||52.4 mi|