Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Mombasa
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|June||Cheapest month to stay with an average 26% drop in price.|
|January||Most expensive month to stay with an average 95% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|£87||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|£94||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Mombasa hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
When to book cheap hotels in Mombasa?
Price per night / 3-star hotel. Prices are not fixed and may vary with time.
Average nightly price per month
Average nightly price per month
Top tips for finding perfect Mombasa hotel deals
- If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Mombasa, you should consider visiting during the low season. You'll find cheaper accommodations in Mombasa in June and November.
- Hotel room prices vary depending on many factors but you’ll most likely find the best hotel deals in Mombasa if you stay on a Saturday. The opposite is true for, Tuesday, which is usually the most expensive day.
- Book at least 90 days before your stay begins to get the best price for your Mombasa accommodation.
- The cheapest 3-star hotel room in Mombasa found on KAYAK in the last 2 weeks was £18, while the most expensive was £135.
- How long should you stay? KAYAK users usually book their accommodation in Mombasa for 5 days.
- Mombasa is a seaport city on the Kenyan coast, popular for its proximity to the white-sand beaches along the Indian Ocean. Mombasa Beach is the perfect place to go for a dip, and there are many hotels in the area, including Mombasa Beach Hotel and Bahari Beach Hotel, both offering great ocean views.
- Part of the city is located on Mombasa Island, including the Old Town, which is connected to the mainland through a causeway. There you’ll find Fort Jesus, the Spice Market, and other iconic attractions. There are many hotels in Mombasa’s Old Town to choose from, including some more affordable options such as New Palm Tree Hotel and Sheratton Regency Hotel.
- Diani Beach is a popular beach resort about 18 miles south of Mombasa city center and a major attraction for travelers in the area as it has been consistently voted one of Africa’s leading beach destinations for a few years now. If you want to stay right in this idyllic area, try staying at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa or Swahili Beach.
- Haller Park is a nature park in Bamburi, northern Mombasa set in a former quarry. It’s a great spot for people looking to spot different plant and animal species. If you’d like to stay nearby, try Prideinn Hotel Nyali or Ocean View Nyali Boutique Hotel.
- Nyali Beach area is also a popular place to stay, as it’s just south of Mombasa Beach and even closer to the Old Town. The scenic beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and just overall relaxing. If you stay at Nyali Sun Africa Beach Hotel & Spa, you will be conveniently located by these white sands, but you can also enjoy the great outdoor pool if you choose to.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Mombasa
Are hotels in Mombasa safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Bamburi Beach?
How much does a hotel cost in Mombasa?
What are the best hotels in the Bamburi area?
What if I just want a relaxed resort experience?
Can I stay near Shimba Hills National Reserve?
Can I stay close to the airport?
How much is a hotel in Mombasa for this weekend?
How do I find a hotel in central Mombasa?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Mombasa?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Mombasa by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Mombasa hotels
Go to map