Good to know
Value for money
Distance to city centre
|Athens Eleftherios V.|
Distance to airport
|"Great staff, very polite and helpfull"||(in 245 reviews)|
|"Staff was amazing, great views."||(in 141 reviews)|
|"Comfortable beds and great buffet breakfast!"||(in 69 reviews)|
|"Pool area was very busy."||(in 33 reviews)|
|"Location was terrible, dangerous neighborhood."||(in 62 reviews)|
|"Some of the surrounding area."||(in 16 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Yes everything outstanding
Very nice accommodation and really friendly staff. Excellent breakfast buffet
The property on the inside was awesome, on the outside... surroundings...I was not impressed.
1. We chose this hotel ONLY because the Kayak info said a "hotel shuttle" is available. We wanted to be close to the airport to fly out the next morning. We thought we would save the expense of a taxi to and from the airport. There was no shuttle. When we call the hotel, they told us no such thing as a shuttle. They would only arrange to send me a taxi @ €45.00. And this could only be arranged via email...not over the ph. We simply took a cab to the hotel # €43.00. To the airport the next morning...no shuttle. We took a taxi @ €44.00. If you people do no have a shuttle like we are use to in the US...do not mislead innocent pepole like us. That is false advertising. The availability of a shuttle in the ONLY reason why we picked this hotel. 2. At the front desk I changed out some US$ for € after checking in. We plan to do some last minute shopping before we fly out the next day. What we did not know was that, that very day was a national holiday (the Verging Mary Holiday ) all the stores were closed. On checking out the next morning they would not take back the € currency. I told them that we did not know that there was a holiday. They said they can't take it back. That was just not right. These 2 things has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I am not a happy camper...especially with the shuttle issue. That was flat out wrong. You can't say that there is a shuttle when there is none. People from the US is use to taking a free shuttle ride to and from the airport to hotels and rent a car locstions.
Situated within a 10-minute walk of Omonoia Metro Station, Wyndham Grand Athens is a convenient base while in Athens. It is located a brief walk from Omonia Square.
Guests staying at Wyndham Grand Athens can enjoy taking a dip in the swimming pool (seasonal), working out in the fitness centre or relaxing with a drink in the on site bar. Amenities include free wireless internet and a sauna. It also offers superb options for business meetings and events.
The hotel has 276 rooms, all of which are filled with a variety of amenities to ensure a comfortable stay. They are equipped with a coffee maker, tea-making facilities and a mini bar. As standard, all rooms are air conditioned and feature a private bathroom.
Focusing on Greek and seafood dishes, the hotel's on-site restaurant provides tasty choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room service is also available 24 hours a day.
Wyndham Grand Athens is surrounded by the area's well-known sightseeing attractions, including Ermou Street, National Bank of Greece and Kerameikos Archaeological Site, which are within walking distance. Larissa Metro Station is within walking distance.
based on 2,047 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Wyndham Grand Athens
Does Wyndham Grand Athens have special cancellation policies due to coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Where is Wyndham Grand Athens located?
When is check-in time and check-out time at Wyndham Grand Athens?
Does Wyndham Grand Athens offer free Wi-Fi?
Does Wyndham Grand Athens offer free parking?
Does Wyndham Grand Athens offer free airport shuttle service?
How far is Wyndham Grand Athens from the airport?
Can you bring pets to Wyndham Grand Athens?
Does Wyndham Grand Athens have a pool?
Reviews about Wyndham Grand Athens
Most popular landmarks
- Monastiraki Flea Market 0.6 mi
- Monastiraki 0.6 mi
- National Archaeological Museum 0.7 mi
- Ancient Agora of Athens 0.7 mi
- Temple of Athena Nike 1 mi
- Syntagma Square 1 mi