Find cheap flights to Athens
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (4% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£279||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Athens
- Looking for cheap airfare to Athens? 25% of our users found return tickets to Athens for the following prices or less: From London £107, from Manchester £130, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £134
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Athens is January.
- When booking flights to Athens, your arrival airport will be Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos. This airport accommodates both domestic and international flights, and serves the entire region of Attica. The airport lies about 12 miles east of the city centre, and is accessible from several parts of the city by metro, buses, taxis and the city’s railway system.
- If you’re planning on taking the metro to Athens from the airport, take line 3, which runs around every 30 minutes and has fares starting at approximately 10 euros (£8.86) for an approximately 40-minute journey. The Athens city centre can also be reached by bus, with the X95 bus going to the city centre for around 6 euros (£5.31) and also taking around 40 minutes.
- Traveling with children? The Athens International Airport features a play area designed by the “The Smile of the Child” organisation. This area is accessible free of charge and all children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The play area is located on the second floor of the main terminal building.
- Many different dining options await hungry travellers at the Athens International Airport. Whether you’re desperately searching for a coffee or sitting down to a hearty meal before your flight, you can find what you need in the shopping and restaurant areas spread out in the Satellite Terminal, Non-Schengen Departures and other areas of the airport.
- If you need to leave your car at the airport, there are a handful of airport parking options at your disposal. Car parks 1 and 2 are for short-term parking and start at around 3.80 euros (£3.36) per hour, and P3 is for long-term parking with fees ranging from 10-26 euros (£8.85-23.00) per day, depending on the duration of your car’s stay.
FAQs - booking Athens flights
How long is the flight to Athens?
What is the cheapest flight to Athens?
Which airlines fly to Athens?
How far is Athens airport from central Athens?
What is the name of Athens’s airport?
Is there free WiFi in Athens International Airport?
Does the Athens airport have an onsite hotel?
Does the Athens airport feature lounge areas?
Can I get to the Athens city centre via taxi?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Athens Eleftherios V.
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Athens Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Athens Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Athens
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.