Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Durham
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 22% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 52% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|£87||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|£105||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Durham hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Durham hotel
- First-time visitors to Durham should try the city centre for accommodations so they can have ready access to transportation links and places of interest. The Garden House Inn on Framwellgate Peth is just over 0.5 miles from downtown. Alternatively, Kingsbridge Inn, also on Waddington Street, comes with a free English breakfast and is near the Palace Garden Library.
- There are several good options for the economy traveler. Glesgatemoor Hotel on Teasdale Terrace has lobby Wi-Fi, a bar and a breakfast buffet. If you prefer, The City Durham in New Elvet is a ‘no frills’ option that only offers free Wi-Fi and luggage storage, but breakfast will be an additional charge. Both hotels are about a 30-minute drive from Newcastle (NCL) Airport.
- Travellers who prefer a close proximity to an airport can choose between Durham (MME) Airport and Newcastle (NCL) Airport. Days lnn Durham at Roadchef Motorway Area is 27-minute drive to Durham Airport and a 32-minute drive to Newcastle Airport. This hotel offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, a restaurant, free crib beds and a 24-hour front desk.
- When in Durham, plan a visit to the Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre, take a tour and view the rich architecture and history of Durham Cathedral and Durham Castle, which date back to the Norman Conquest. Reserve a room at the Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County in Old Elvets; it has 24-hour room service, a restaurant and buffet breakfast.
- Durham City Indoor Market Hall is a popular historical shopping center in downtown Durham within a ten-minute walk from Durham Rail Station. It features several stores that offer retail shopping, arts, crafts and flea markets. Not far away is Prince Bishops Shopping Centre for all modern necessities. Reserve a room at Seven Stars Inn on High Street North and engage in a bit of retail therapy.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Durham
Are hotels in Durham safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Durham University?
Which hotels in Durham are close to Durham University?
Which hotels in Durham are close to Durham Castle?
Are there any hotels in Durham that have spa facilities?
Are there any hotels in Durham that come with golf?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Durham?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Durham by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Durham hotels
Go to map