Find cheap flights to Newcastle upon Tyne
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Newcastle upon Tyne
- Looking for cheap airfare to Newcastle upon Tyne? 25% of our users found return tickets to Newcastle upon Tyne for the following prices or less: From Bristol £52, from London £100, from Southampton Eastleigh £135
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly to Newcastle upon Tyne is August.
- If you’re worried about parking your car at Newcastle Airport you’ll be pleased to know that there are several options available to suit your needs. Meet & Greet and Short Stay options are for those who require a limited time whereas Medium Stay and Short Stay Weekender are more favourable for longer periods and Long Stay is preferable for those on long trips or holidays.
- Got time to spare before your flight to Newcastle? If so, enjoy the hospitality of one of its lounges: the Aspire Lounge is open to all passengers while the AspirePlus Lounge is for adults only, offering a complementary selection of premium alcoholic beverages whereas British Airways Lounge is ideal for business travellers and first class passengers.
- Business travellers and short stay visitors on flights to Newcastle can choose the option of a hotel close to the airport and forget about the hassle of finding transportation to the city. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels Newcastle, Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport and Premier Inn Newcastle Airport are just three vicinity hotels.
- Tech savvy visitors and frequent flyers to Newcastle Airport should consider downloading the NCL Airport app on their mobile devices which gives real-time flight information and updates as well as to take advantage of parking discounts and special app-only offers that can be used at the lounge or retail shops and outlets.
- Families travelling with children can take advantage of several facilities where the kids can pass some downtime before the flight. Namco Games has arcade games suitable for older kids and there is the Airside Andy Play Pod at the Aspire Lounge for the youngsters. In addition, four baby-change stations are located at the airport two before and two after the security checkpoint for your convenience.
FAQs - booking Newcastle upon Tyne flights
How long is the flight to Newcastle upon Tyne?
|Flights from Southampton||1h 17m|
|Flights from London||1h 10m|
What is the cheapest flight to Newcastle upon Tyne?
The cheapest airline ticket to Newcastle upon Tyne from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £67 return on the route London to Newcastle upon Tyne. The most popular route is London to Newcastle upon Tyne and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £254 return.
Which airlines fly to Newcastle upon Tyne?
In general from United Kingdom, British Airways, American Airlines and Qatar Airways fly the most to Newcastle upon Tyne. The most popular route is from London, and British Airways, American Airlines & Qatar Airways fly this route the most.
How far is Newcastle upon Tyne airport from central Newcastle upon Tyne?
Newcastle upon Tyne Airport is 5 miles from the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne. View on map.
What is the name of Newcastle upon Tyne’s airport?
Newcastle upon Tyne is served by Newcastle upon Tyne Airport, also commonly referred to as Newcastle. The airport code is NCL.
How do I get to Newcastle centre from the airport?
Downtown Newcastle is accessible by Stagecoach North East X78 bus direct to Eldon Square Bus Station which takes about 40 minutes but you can also take the X79 and 131 buses as well while the Nexus Metro GRN Line can get you there in about half the time. Taxi and Uber can make the journey in about 15 minutes but are more expensive.
What places are there to eat at Newcastle Airport?
Passengers to Newcastle who are feeling hungry can sample the food options available at the airport like the regional fare at Bar 11 or the diner menu at Flying Hippo whereas The Naked Deli offers nutritional juices and snacks and M&S Food to Go is there if you prefer a delicious fast food option.
How far is Newcastle Airport to St. James’ Park?
St. James’ Park is one of the most hallowed football stadiums in the UK and home to Newcastle United Football Club, one of its iconic football clubs and is located about 12 kilometres from Newcastle Airport. The journey is relatively short by public transportation or car, but of course this is weather and traffic permitting.
What shopping options are there at Newcastle Airport?
Newcastle airport has a varied selection of shops on its premises to cater to your every need. Boots and WHSmith take care of your medicinal and toiletry needs while Cuba Lilly and World Tax Free handle all your duty-free shopping requirements. Dixons Travel has gadgets and Aerospa takes all your worries and cares away.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Newcastle upon Tyne Plane Tickets(Return)
Pros: In flight entertainment was good, half of the cabin crew were super friendly, others a bit bored.
Cons: Brand new A350 but very cramped seats, it felt very claustrophic. Flew out on a 747 and had a lot of space - wonderful aircraft, flew back on A350 and it felt like flying Ryanair for 7 hours! I am only 5 feet 7 and my knees were close to the seat in front, I am not fat but the tray table was touching my stomach. I dread to think how anyone ate the food if they are 15 stone or more, I guess the table rest on the stomach and the food has to be held on.. The food wasn't good, I asked for a vegetarian meal but got bland vegan food - no cheese or dairy even though those are vegetarian. Next time I will not order a special meal and just get the standard vege meal and risk that they have one for me. Flight crew were OK, some of the instructions about electronic devices were garbled and unclear, especially about the use of laptops.
Flights to Newcastle upon Tyne
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.