Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Sarasota
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||£136|
|Average price (weekend night):||£174|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Sarasota cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Sarasota hotel
- Located about an hour from Tampa, on the west coast of Florida, Sarasota is a mix of beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, and cultural activities. If your main reason to visit is to enjoy a sun-soaked vacation by the beach, it is best to stay on one of the Keys, such as Lido Key or Siesta Key, as you’ll be within walking distance to the nearby beaches and won’t have to deal with parking.
- Siesta Key Beach has a lifeguard on duty all-year round, which is a key factor especially when traveling with children. There you’ll find several accommodation options, from motels (Gulfside Motel) to resorts (Lido Beach Resort).
- If budget is an issue, it is recommended that you opt for staying on the mainland, where you’ll still be about 15-20 minutes away from the most popular beaches, but for more affordable prices. Hotel Ranola, for instance, is near the main street in Sarasota, and tends to offer cheaper deals.
- If you want to escape the hassle of the major beach resorts/hotels in Sarasota, as well as the commotion downtown, consider heading to the nearby communities of Nokomis or Venice, which are way less crowded but still within driving distance from all the major attractions.
- In fact, downtown Sarasota is a great place to be based if you want to experience the art and culture scene of the area, as well as try different foods and be near the buzzing nightlife. The Westin Sarasota is a great affordable option just a couple of blocks from Main Street, where you’ll find great restaurants like Selva and Duval’s Fresh Local Food, but you can also find high-end hotels nearby, such as the Ritz-Carlton.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Sarasota
Where to stay in Sarasota?
Hotels near Lido key have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Lido key?
Travellers who like staying near Lido key recommend Coquina On The Beach, Lido Beach Resort, and Holiday Inn Sarasota-Lido Beach-@The Beach.
What are the best hotels for families?
Hotels on the Keys in Sarasota tend to be very family-friendly, with many featuring swimming pools and kids’ programs. But if you’re looking for an alternative, and even more affordable option, consider staying on the mainland, near fun places where you can take the little ones. The three-star Aloft Sarasota is located right by the Bayfront Park and Marina, and within walking distance to the Five Points Park and the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.
What are the closest hotels to the airport?
If you’re just passing by or need a last-minute short-term stay near the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, there are a few options: Home2 Suites By Hilton and Hyatt Place are some of the best, with the most affordable being Deluxe Inn and Quality Inn.
Which hotels in Siesta Key offer free parking?
Hotels in Sarasota’s Siesta Key with free parking include the Siesta Beach House, The Mahi By Sklrp, and Twin Palms at Siesta, among others. Free parking is a great perk as finding parking near the main beaches can be a real struggle, particularly during high season and on weekends.
What if I am traveling with an RV?
Traveling with an RV in Sarasota is not a problem, as there are various available options. The most high-end RV park would be Sun-Fun, located just to the east off I-75, as it doubles as a full-on resort complete with a fishing lake, a swimming pool, plenty of outdoor sport amenities, and even crafting workshops.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.