Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Whitby
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|February||Cheapest month to stay with an average 39% drop in price.|
|April||Most expensive month to stay with an average 56% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|£94||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|£96||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Whitby hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Whitby hotel
- If you visit Whitby and are a history and culture fan, consider staying close to the Whitby Abbey and the Captain Cook Memorial Museum. The Dolphin Hotel is only an 8-minute walk from Whitby Abbey and a 1-minute walk from the museum. The Black Horse Inn, alternatively, is located within walking distance of the abbey, museum and the Caedmon Memorial.
- For fans of fun attractions, the Dracula Experience, the Whitby Whale Watching or a cruise on the River Esk are good things to do on your vacation. The Pier Inn is a traditional pub with room accommodation, with less than 5 minutes’ walking distance to all attractions and the city centre. The slightly more upscale Angel Hotel offers river views and is equally close to all attractions.
- Whitby lies just next to the oceanfront and includes a scenic beach for strolling along and enjoying the breeze. The White House Inn is a chic 4-star hotel located right next to Whitby Beach and a 5-minute drive from the city centre. Alternatively, the Royal Hotel is equally close to the beach but only 10 minutes on foot from the city centre.
- If you are travelling with children, you may want to consider hotels like The Grove, which offers family rooms and it is only a 15-minute walk to the beach and a short walk into town. Another family-friendly location is the Bagdale Lodge, situated over 250 metres from the city centre. The hotel offers free parking and Wi-Fi, as well as breakfast.
- Try scrumptious local or international food in the city’s heart around Bridge Street. Foodies should consider staying in nearby hotels such as The White Horse & Griffin, which is a 3-star hotel not only located amidst a plethora of restaurants, but it also featuring its own restaurant on site with seafood and other local dishes. Another nearby hotel with an on-site seafood restaurant, which is a little more upscale, is The Marine on Marine Parade close to the centre.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Whitby
Are hotels in Whitby safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Whitby?
What are the best hotels near Robin Hoods Bay Beach?
What are the best budget hotels in Whitby?
Which hotels in Whitby have a swimming pool?
Which hotels are close to the railway station?
Which hotels are close to Pannett Park?
How much is a hotel in Whitby for tonight?
How much is a hotel in Whitby for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Whitby?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Whitby by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Whitby hotels
Go to map