Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Kilkenny
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|October||Cheapest month to stay with an average 18% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 133% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|£93||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|£136||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Kilkenny hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Kilkenny hotel
- For visitors who are interested in the history of Kilkenny and immersing yourself in the atmosphere of this medieval city, why not consider staying in one of the hotels in the medieval town center. The 4-star Kilkenny River Court Hotel is located in the medieval part of Kilkenny, overlooking the River Nore and the castle, which is a 4-minute walk away.
- If you are traveling with kids and want to share the story of Kilkenny with them, why not stay near the Medieval Mile Museum. The 2-star Club House Hotel is a 5-minute walk away from this museum, which is located on the site of a 13th-century church and has interactive displays and treasure hunts set up for children. The Medieval Mile Museum has something for the whole family and aims to be educational as well as interesting.
- If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious retreat while in Kilkenny, the Lyrath Estate Hotel Spa and Convention Centre could be the perfect place for you to consider. This 5-star hotel, which is just a 5-minute drive away from Kilkenny Station, is surrounded by 170 acres of land for you to explore and has a spa with an indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi when you want to relax.
- For those who are interested in the churches and monasteries that are an integral part of Kilkenny’s history, you could consider staying at a hotel that is within easy walking or driving distance of some of these buildings. The 3-star Kilkenny Inn Hotel is a reasonably priced option that is located just across the road from St Canice’s Cathedral – built in the 13th century, this cathedral has a ninth-century tower that provides breathtaking views of the city. The Kilkenny Inn Hotel is a 6-minute walk from Dominican Black Abbey with its remarkable stained-glass window and a 10-minute walk from St Mary’s Cathedral, which was completed in the mid 1800s.
- For the golfing visitors, consider staying near one of the golf courses in Kilkenny. The 4-star Newpark Hotel Kilkenny is located a 2-minute drive from the 18-hole Kilkenny Golf Club, which was originally established in 1896 and is open all week to players of all levels.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Kilkenny
Are hotels in Kilkenny safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Mount Juliet Golf Course?
Which hotels in Kilkenny include breakfast?
Which hotels in Kilkenny provide parking?
Which hotels in Kilkenny have family rooms?
Are there any budget hotels in Kilkenny?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Kilkenny?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Kilkenny by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Kilkenny hotels
Go to map