Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Nairobi
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||£86|
|Average price (weekend night):||£108|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
Top tips for finding the perfect Nairobi hotel
- If you are flying into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, then you need to look for hotels in Nairobi close to airport. 1.5 miles away, the Crowne Plaza Nairobi Airport is a 4-star hotel that offers guests free parking and a complimentary airport shuttle. The 3-star Seasons Airport Hotel is around 5 miles from the airport.
- Want to get outdoors? Look for hotels in Nairobi National Park, like Ololo Safari Lodge, which sits on the banks of the Mbagathi River on the southern border of the park. This 3-star hotel offers an outdoor pool with firepit and the opportunity to go on safari. To the west of the park is Longview Suites Hotel, offering guests use of a state-of-the-art gym and an outdoor pool, as well as a restaurant and coffee bar.
- To be at the heart of the action, find hotels in Nairobi city center. Tom Mboya Street is a popular street and close to the Tom Mboya Statue on Moi Avenue. The 3-star Diamond Hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing and less than half a mile from the Maasai Market. Space International Hotel is a short walk from Kenya National Archives and has a restaurant and bar with a terrace on-site.
- If you are booking a hotel in Nairobi, you may want to be close to main attraction, Karen Blixen Museum. Located at the foot of the Ngong Hills, you can take a tour of the colonial farmhouse and coffee plantation, as well as view some of Karen’s possessions. To the south west of Nairobi, Karen Gables is a 4-star hotel, 1.5 miles from the museum that offers an outdoor pool and landscaped gardens by the river.
- For the cheapest hotels in Nairobi, Progressive Park Hotel is an affordable hotel that offers good value for longer stays, while budget-friendly Kenya Comfort Hotel offers basic rooms in a convenient location close to the city center.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Nairobi
Where to stay in Nairobi?
Hotels near Giraffe Centre have the most searches on KAYAK.
Which hotel is located in Nairobi central business district?
Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel is centrally located and less than a mile from Kenyatta International Conference Center. The hotel has a 24-hour international restaurant, along with rooftop café and pool. Plus, there is a beauty salon and a gym.
What are the best hotels in Nairobi for honeymoon?
Couples looking for romantic hotels in Nairobi have many choices. Overlooking the Ngong Hills, Hemingways Nairobi is ideal for honeymooners with its colonial elegance, four-poster beds, butler service, and day spa. In the city center, Fairmont The Norfolk offers luxury with its lush gardens, heated outdoor pool and spa.
Are there any 5-star hotels in Nairobi?
The luxury boutique and award-winning hotel House of Waine offers guests plush rooms with private gardens in the Karen area. Sarova Stanley offers guests a variety of dining options, including a Thai restaurant, plus a heated outdoor pool, health club with sauna and steam bath, plus spa services and exercise classes.
Which are the best hotels in Nairobi on Mombasa Road?
The 5-star Ole Sereni Hotel is a high-end hotel located off Mombasa road, with views of Nairobi National Park from room balconies. Nearby 4-star Eka Hotel has an outdoor pool as well as a fitness and wellness center.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.