Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Chania
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|December||Cheapest month to stay with an average 63% drop in price.|
|August||Most expensive month to stay with an average 24% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|£89||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|£87||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Chania hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Chania hotel
- Explore Chania’s Old Venetian Harbour and Old Town and stay at the Madonna Del Mare, a 4-star hotel with elegant, vintage rooms, located only 2 minutes from Old Venetian Harbour and 4 minutes from the Mosque of the Janissaries and the Archaeological Museum Chania. La Maison Ottomane is equally close to these historical attractions and offers upmarket rooms, free parking, breakfast and Wi-Fi.
- If you’re travelling on a budget, consider the Argo Beach, which is a simple choice with no-frills rooms and close to the Old Town and its attractions. The hotel features its own restaurant and bar where guests can enjoy a meal or a drink after a day of exploring Chania town. Hotel Filoxenia is another budget-friendly choice, also close to the Old Town. This hotel includes free Wi-Fi, parking and even room service.
- Crete’s beaches are world renowned, so experience the crystal-clear water at one of the beaches in Chania, like the Koum Kapi Beach in the east. Doma Hotel is a casual choice with air-conditioned rooms, a bar, breakfast, located only 5 minutes from Koum Kapi Beach. Some of the rooms also feature great ocean views. Equally close is the 3-star Irida Hotel with modern rooms, a bar, free parking and family rooms. Breakfast is included as well. As it is also situated at the beachfront, you can be in the water within a 5-minute walk.
- On the other side of Chania, you will find another great beach, Nea Chora Beach. Blue Adventures Diving is adjacent, in case you want to explore the underwater world of the Aegean Sea. Elena Beach hotel is nestled among the beachfront and is a laid-back choice with a restaurant serving local and Italian dishes. Alternatively, Christina Beach is also at the beachfront, offering elegant rooms, some including a balcony. This hotel also offers a pool in case you’ve had enough of the salty ocean water, as well as a bar and free Wi-Fi.
- If you’re more interested in being close to shops and amenities, stay around Skalidi in Chania centre, where you will find banks, shops, the Army War Museum and Old Chania Market, where you can purchase local produce. The 4-star Kydon, The Heart City Hotel boasts modern rooms, complimentary breakfast, family rooms, and is located 1 minute from Old Chania Market, a bank and pharmacy, as well as from shops like H&M. A more laid-back choice is the Arkadi Hotel, situated at Central Market Square. It offers guests unfussy accommodation, a bar and free Wi-Fi, and it is located almost opposite a shopping mall on Skalidi, where you can find a plethora of shops.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Chania
Are hotels in Chania safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Chania?
What are the best hotels near Venetian Port?
How much does a hotel cost in Chania?
Are there any 5-star hotels in Chania, Crete?
Which hotels in Chania are disabled friendly?
Which hotels in Chania include an airport shuttle?
Which hotels in Chania offer a 24-hour front desk?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Chania?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Chania by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Chania hotels
Go to map