Would you like to save as your currency permanently or for this visit only?
Easy access to beach, friendly staff. Bathroom was not properly cleaned. Had hairs on the shower. The boardwalk could use so maintenance, grass was overgrown. It was also very loud at night, couldn't get a good nights sleep. Overall was OK but I would not recommend, nor would I personally go back, not for the price of 250+ a night.
The desk clerk from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM was definitely the most accommodating and pleasant hotel employee I have ever met in my years and years of travel... before retiring, I traveled weekly, and she by far was the BEST I have ever had the pleasure to know... the owner of the hotel needs to hold on to this lady! Lack of comfortable room furniture with the exception of a comfortable bed...
Right on the beach. Staff was friendly. Pool was not much larger than a hot tub!
We had no maid service for our entire stay!
Location was great. Access to the beach was very nice. Construction materials were scattered around everywhere and the room had a very odd smell. Everything appeared clean but very worn. Saw more than one roach in room and at the building. Only stayed 2 nights and that was enough.
The inn was conveniently located to the Senior Tennis at Wild Dunes; It was fairly priced for Wed. & Thurs. but a little pricey for Friday The blanket had several old cigarette burns in it and the unit for hanging clothes was an old TV holder.
the location and view were awesome Finding cockroaches in the room, bathroom, even in the alarm clock, was disgusting. Horrible.
The beds were comfortable, the TV was nice (got a lot of channels too, but I never turned it on other than to see how many channels it got), the free breakfast was good, and the room had a mini fridge (with a little freezer compartment) and coffee maker and microwave. I only stayed two nights, but the second night I was awoken by a cockroach in my bed at 4:45ish AM. As I was turning from my right side to left and my left hand was sliding under my pillow, I felt a tingling sensation that made me half way wake up. When I opened my eyes there was a cockroach inches from my face running away from me towards the edge of the bed. I jumped up and freaked out. I tried to find it but couldn't. I tried to calm down and go back to sleep but couldn't. The room was only so big and there were only so many places it could go. Just when I was almost relaxed enough to fall back to sleep I thought, "What if it just ends up right back in the bed again?" So I got up and went out. When I came back hours later there was a seemingly dead cockroach on the floor in front of my bed, so I took pictures. I told the girls at the desk at checkout, and showed them the pictures, but they just said that sometimes that happens when it rains and that they would check the weather stripping on the door. But the weather stripping on the bottom of all the doors (other than the beach front rooms that have sliding glass doors) is some kind of brush looking thing that isn't very thick, so it seems to me like it wouldn't be very difficult for something to get through again. I'm a reasonable person, and I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was a freak accident, but they still could have been more apologetic. They didn't offer to comp the room or even wave the $5 a night parking fee. You shouldn't have to be a jerk to be offered restitution when you tell someone something like that has happened.
Close to the ocean Room was a little amall