Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Portsmouth
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|July||Cheapest month to stay with an average 18% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 164% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|£90||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|£103||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Portsmouth hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
When to book cheap hotels in Portsmouth?
Price per night / 3-star hotel. Prices are not fixed and may vary with time.
Average nightly price per month
Average nightly price per month
Top tips for finding perfect Portsmouth hotel deals
- If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Portsmouth, you should consider visiting during the low season. You'll find cheaper accommodations in Portsmouth in July and October.
- Hotel room prices vary depending on many factors but you’ll most likely find the best hotel deals in Portsmouth if you stay on a Monday. The opposite is true for, Friday, which is usually the most expensive day.
- Book more than 90 days before your stay begins to get the best price for your Portsmouth accommodation.
- The cheapest 3-star hotel room in Portsmouth found on KAYAK in the last 2 weeks was £278, while the most expensive was £312.
- How long should you stay? KAYAK users usually book their accommodation in Portsmouth for 2 days.
- If you are looking for a luxury boutique hotel in the summer in Portsmouth, then look no further than The Clarence Hotel in Southsea. It is right by the ocean and visiting the sandy beaches of Portsmouth in the summer is a must. The Number Four Boutique Hotel is another such hotel, also in Southsea, which is a 5-minute walk from the beach.
- For those who like to be in the centre of it all, the Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth GunWharf Quays is ideal for you. It is within walking distance from GunWharf Quays which is the outlet shopping centre, Spinnaker Tower, University of Portsmouth and HMS Warrior 1860, the warrior ship.
- Southsea Rocks Hotel in Southsea is a popular economy hotel. Free self-parking is available on site. It’s within walking distance to the Albert, Palmerston and Osborn roads, which are home to plenty of bars, restaurants, shops and vibrant nightlife. Ibis Budget Portsmouth Hotel, another budget hotel, is a 5-minutes’ drive from Portsmouth City and also offers free on-site parking and is surrounded by fast-food restaurants.
- Business travellers can stay at the Village Portsmouth which is centrally located. They have state-of-the-art technology, super-fast Wi-Fi and meeting rooms/conference rooms with a maximum capacity of 240 people. Their app, exclusively for members, makes planning seamless. Portsmouth Marriott Hotel also has an excellent business centre. There are 11 event rooms and their planners assist in every aspect of the event.
- To make your family holiday fun, stay at the Holiday Inn in Portsmouth. Kids under 17 years stay for free if they are sharing the room with their parents and kids under 12 years also eat for free. It’s within walking distance to the Clarence Pier where the little ones can enjoy their day out at the Pirate Pete’s Indoor play.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Portsmouth
Are hotels in Portsmouth safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Gunwharf Quays?
How much does a hotel cost in Portsmouth?
Are there hotels in Portsmouth with sauna and hot tub?
Which hotels in Portsmouth provide breakfast?
Which hotels in Portsmouth serve the traditional afternoon tea?
Are there hotels in Portsmouth with on-site pubs?
How do I find a hotel in central Portsmouth?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Portsmouth?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Portsmouth by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Portsmouth hotels
Go to map