Pros: all helpful and friendly
Cons: clearer billing statements!!
Cons: Nothing it was seamless
Pros: Great staff, the lot is very tight even hard to turn around when dropping off. Other than that awesome.
Cons: Not sure they would need to increase the lot size.
Pros: The staff was helpful in helping us upgrade to a vehicle that would meet our needs. Very happy with the vehicle
Pros: Do not appreciate an additional charge for change of drop off in same city.
Cons: Do not appreciate price gouging during summer busy times. Would appreciate a weekly rate when renting for 3 weeks not a gouging daily rate.
Pros: Staff readily available. Car ready to go.
Cons: Bait and switch not appreciated. Printed quote we had from Thrifty.com was not honored and went up by $60 at pick up. All manner of fast-talking reasons were cited, all of which had already been accounted for when we got the quote online. Branch or quote software needs examination.
Pros: Car was clean and very comfortable. Recommendation to prepay for gas vs. Where I was headed was a money saver
Cons: Too many extra charges beyond the online reservation. Got hit with two charges that were tacked on for about an extra $100. Because I added insurance they made it sound like the charges were a must. Was pointless to argue after awhile. Outside of the US I will not use third party for reservations
Pros: The overall price was good - but we’ll reconsider in the future using Thrifty again. A two hour wait to get vehicles reserved almost a year earlier.
Cons: Everything. Better communication on what the issue was; less “in code” talking to other agents, scrambling behind the scenes as it were; better attempt to compensate the customer for the incredible inconvenience.
Cons: High pressure to buy insurance that I really didn’t need
Pros: Staff were nice. Upgrade was fantastic.
Cons: Locations downtown were inconvenient to get to in the big cities but it was more expensive to get from the airport.
Cons: Pickup process was lengthy and confusing due to difficulty understanding the agent.. Communication over the phone prior to pickup was nearly incomprehensible.
Pros: everything went smooth
Cons: Back of car was not as clean as expected.
Other suppliers in Calgary scored
- 5.8/10 Ace car hire in Calgary
- 8.8/10 Alamo car hire in Calgary
- 8.5/10 Avis car hire in Calgary
- 7.4/10 Budget car hire in Calgary
- 7.4/10 Dollar car hire in Calgary
- 8.7/10 Enterprise car hire in Calgary
- 8.4/10 National car hire in Calgary
- 7.9/10 Hertz car hire in Calgary
- 6.7/10 Europcar car hire in Calgary
- 8.3/10 Driving Force car hire in Calgary
- 8.0/10 Routes Car & Truck Rentals car hire in Calgary
- 6.5/10 Economy Rent a Car car hire in Calgary
Where can I find Thrifty hire cars in Calgary?
Address4101 Macleod Trail Se
|Monday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 16:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 13:00|
Phone+1 403 539 0206
Top tips for hiring a car from Thrifty in Calgary
- 25% of our users found a car hire from Thrifty in Calgary for £30 or less
- Book your car hire from Calgary in Thrifty at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Economy car hires from Thrifty in Calgary are around 56% cheaper than other car types, on average