Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Winchester
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||£71|
|Average price (weekend night):||£473|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Winchester cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Winchester hotel
- If you are looking for family-friendly hotels in Winchester, then the Holiday Inn Winchester is a great option to consider. Located 3.4 miles from downtown Winchester, the hotel features kid-friendly amenities like bike rentals and golf. For the adults, there is also a fitness center available.
- Want a hotel that is close to the nightlife in Winchester? The area around High Street is a great place to look for hotels then. The Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel is just one city block south of High Street and is also close to local bars like Pitcher & Piano and Incognito Winchester.
- If you are arriving by car to Winchester and are in need of a hotel with parking, perhaps a hotel like the Wykeham Arms would be a good option. Conveniently located a mere 0.3 miles from the city center, the Wykeham Arms offers complimentary parking right in the heart of Winchester. The hotel also features amenities like a restaurant and bar.
- Considering a trip into the Hampshire countryside? Winchester is a great home base for such travelers, particularly hotels on the eastern side of town. For example, the Premier Inn Winchester is only 1.5 miles from South Downs National Park.
- For travelers who want to enjoy a bit of spa time while they vacation in Winchester, good hotel options include The Winchester Hotel and Spa. This hotel features spa facilities and an indoor pool and hot tub. Additionally, there is also a fitness center in the hotel along with a restaurant.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Winchester
Where to stay in Winchester?
Hotels near Winchester Cathedral have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Winchester Cathedral?
Travellers who like staying near Winchester Cathedral recommend Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel, Winchester Royal Hotel, and Hotel du Vin & Bistro Winchester.
Which parts of the city are more historic?
The downtown area around Southgate Street is a hub for historic architecture in Winchester like The Great Hall. Hotels in this area include the Hotel Du Vin & Bistro Winchester, which doubles as a cute restaurant and cafe with both indoor and outdoor eating areas. The hotel also has a fitness center and a chic bar.
What hotels are near the city center?
The Winchester Royal Hotel is a great hotel to consider if you are looking to be close to the city center. In addition to its central location, the hotel dates back to the 16th century and features amenities such as a complimentary English breakfast buffet and terrace seating. There is also a walled garden at the hotel.
Where is best to stay for budget hotels?
For cheap hotels in Winchester, the southside of town around the Winchester Cathedral is the place to go. Some of the budget hotels in the area include the Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel. As for hotel details and amenities, the Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel has a bar and lounge plus a restaurant.
What luxury hotels are in Winchester?
South Winchester Lodges is one of the only 5-star hotels in Winchester and is certainly the go-to hotel in Winchester for a luxurious vacation. At the hotel, guests will be staying in full log cabins, which include kitchens, living rooms and porches. There is also a full golf course at the hotel along with spa facilities.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.