Find cheap flights to New Zealand
Latest New Zealand Flight Deals
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|August||Most popular time to fly (11% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£1206||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to New Zealand
- Looking for cheap airfare to New Zealand? 25% of our users found return tickets to New Zealand for the following prices or less: From London £867, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £902, from Bristol £1090
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to New Zealand is May.
- There are numerous international airports in New Zealand from which you can catch domestic flights to other locations on the islands. Wellington Airport (WLG) is a one of the most central hubs at the south end of the North Island, offering flight connections to both the north and south of the country. Auckland International Airport (AKL) is a good hub for exploring the north and Christchurch International Airport (CHC) is a good option for onward connections on the South Island.
- If you are looking at flights to New Zealand to spend time exploring the South Island, you should consider flying into Christchurch. From here you can take domestic flights to airports such as Dunedin International Airport (DUD) to explore the Waitaki region, Nelson Airport (NSN) for the Abel Tasman National Park or Queenstown International Airport (ZQN) to see Lake Wakatipu.
- For visitors wanting to spend time exploring the North Island, you could fly into either Wellington or Auckland and then take onward connections to New Plymouth Airport (NPL) to explore the west coast or Rotarua Regional Airport (ROT) to explore the north east of the country of the North Island.
- British passport holders can enter New Zealand for a period of six months without a visa as long as you meet the conditions for a Visa Waiver – you must hold a return ticket, you must be healthy and prove that you have enough money to tide you over. Your passport must be valid for at least three months after the date you expect to leave New Zealand.
- If you want to explore New Zealand’s rich Maori heritage, you might consider booking a connecting flight from your entry airport to Rotarua Regional Airport on the North Island as this city and its surroundings are famous for their Maori culture.
FAQs - booking New Zealand flights
How long is the flight to New Zealand?
What is the cheapest flight to New Zealand?
What are the most popular destinations in New Zealand?
Are there non-stop flights to New Zealand?
I want to visit Lake Tekapo, which airport is the closest?
Is it easy to get New Zealand currency at the airport?
I would like to visit Milford Sound what is the best airport to use?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to New Zealand
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to New Zealand (Return)
Book cheap flights to New Zealand (One-way)
Flights to New Zealand
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.