Find cheap flights to Canada
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|January||Most popular time to fly (9% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£774||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Canada
- Looking for cheap airfare to Canada? 25% of our users found return tickets to Canada for the following prices or less: From London £450, from Glasgow £453, from Birmingham £466
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Canada is November.
- Each province in Canada has its own international airport that provides connections to other destinations. Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is the hub for British Columbia on the west coast, while Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is the main hub for Ontario in the southeast. You could fly into Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) if you wish to explore Quebec province or book an onward flight from one of the main airports to Saskatoon Airport (YZE) in the Saskatchewan province of central Canada.
- If you are looking at flights to Canada so you can explore the scenic beauty of the Northwest Territories, then consider booking flights to Yellowknife Airport (YZF), which is located in the city of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. From this airport, you can book connecting flights to some of the larger communities in the province or transfer by road if you are going into more remote areas.
- For visitors wanting to spend time in the province of Alberta, there are two airports you can consider flying into – Calgary International Airport (YYC) or Edmonton International Airport (YEG). Air Transat and British Airways operate direct flights to Calgary from London Gatwick (LGW) and London Heathrow (LHR), respectively, while flights to Edmonton from the UK require a stopover that will depend on the airline with which you choose to fly.
- You will not require a visa to enter Canada on a British passport, however it is necessary to get an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) before you fly. You can apply for this online and your passport only needs to be valid for the length of your holiday in Canada.
- For visitors who are travelling with children, especially if only one parent is present on arrival at the airport, it is advisable to travel with a letter of consent from the parent who is not travelling (where applicable). While this is not a legal requirement, border authorities have the right to ask to see the letter, so it is easier to ensure that you have one available to make entry into Canada as easy as possible.
FAQs - booking Canada flights
How long is the flight to Canada?
What is the cheapest flight to Canada?
Which airlines fly to Canada?
What are the most popular destinations in Canada?
Are there any airlines operating direct flights to Canada?
I want to visit Nova Scotia, which airport should I fly to?
Where should I fly to in Canada if I want to see Niagara Falls?
I am going to visit Whistler, what is the best airport to use?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Canada
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Canada (Return)
Book cheap flights to Canada (One-way)
Flights to Canada
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.