Find cheap flights to Australia
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (11% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£1134||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Australia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Australia? 25% of our users found return tickets to Australia for the following prices or less: From Cardiff-Wales Arpt £853, from Birmingham £1096, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £1120
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Australia is November.
- Australia receives flights from the UK at many of its larger international airports, which also provide good onward connections to regional and domestic airports. For destinations in Western Australia, Perth Airport (PER) is the best airport to fly into. Brisbane Airport (BNE) and Sydney Airport (SYD) are on the east coast, while Melbourne Airport (MEL) and Adelaide Airport (ADL) are in the south east, so consider which one of these makes most sense depending on where your holiday will start. Cairns Airport (CNS) is in the north-east of the country and is a good option from the UK if you want to explore the very north of Queensland, while Darwin International Airport (DRW) services the Northern Territory.
- If you are looking at flights to Australia so you can visit Kakadu National Park – a World Heritage site – think about flying into Darwin. This is the closest airport to Kakadu National Park and from here, you can complete your journey with a 3h road trip.
- It is easy to exchange money in Australia. There are foreign currency counters in all the main airports, and it is also possible to use ATMs to withdraw Australian currency for your trip – please note that some of the more remote towns may not have ATMs available.
- If you are travelling to the centre of Australia to see Ayers Rock and the surrounding area, consider flying into Sydney from the UK and booking a connecting flight to Alice Springs Airport (ASP). A direct flight takes around 3h and from there, you will need to hire a car for the 5-6h drive to Ayers Rock.
- If you are travelling with children under the age of 7 and hiring a car to drive to and from the airport, it is mandatory to use an age-appropriate child car seat when driving in Australia. You should be able to reserve a car seat from the car hire company before you arrive. If travelling by taxi, be aware that, with the exception of New South Wales, it is not mandatory to use such a seat in a taxi, as long as the child can sit on the lap of an adult passenger in the back seat. In New South Wales, it is mandatory for children who are under a year old to be secured in some form of child car seat in a taxi, so you may want to consider bringing your seat from home.
FAQs - booking Australia flights
How long is the flight to Australia?
What is the cheapest flight to Australia?
What are the most popular destinations in Australia?
Are there non-stop flights to Australia?
How do I get to the Great Barrier Reef?
Do I need a visa to visit Australia?
I am visiting Byron Bay, what is the best airport to use?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Australia
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Australia Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Australia
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.