Find cheap flights to India
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£646||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to India
- Looking for cheap airfare to India? 25% of our users found return tickets to India for the following prices or less: From London £563, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £567, from Birmingham £618
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to India is September.
- India has several international airports that provide onward connections to other destinations. Mumbai is a good central hub that has flight connections to both the north and south of the country. You could consider flights into New Delhi if your visit is focused mainly on the northern part of India or Chennai if you want to explore the southern part of the country.
- If you are looking at flights to India so you can visit some of the less touristic states in the northeast of the country, you could consider flying into Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU) in Kolkata. From here, you can take domestic flights to airports such as Pakyong (PYG), Jorhat (JRH) or Dimapur (DMU), and make your way into the mountainous states of Sikkim, Assam and Nagaland.
- For visitors wanting to spend time in Kerala, there are two main cities with airports – Kochi and Trivandrum. If you want to spend your time at the beach, then Trivandrum Airport (TRV) is the best airport to fly into and Cochin Airport (COK) in Kochi will give you access to other areas of interest. From the UK, it is advisable to first fly into Bengaluru or Chennai and then take a domestic flight to one of these two airports in Kerala.
- Visas are required for all visitors to India and it is necessary to obtain the visa before you fly. It is possible to obtain an e-Visa, which is valid for 60 days and can only be used for purposes of tourism, business, medical visits or visiting family. In order to obtain this e-Visa, UK passport holders will need to have a passport that is valid for 6 months after entering India and has two blank pages in it.
- As visitors cannot enter India carrying Indian Rupees, it is necessary to have organised your currency requirements before you travel. It is possible to take foreign currency cash into the country, which you can then change at a bureau de change (each international airport has currency desks) into the local currency.
FAQs - booking India flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from the United Kingdom to India due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from the United Kingdom to India due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to India?
What is the cheapest flight to India?
Which airlines fly to India?
What are the most popular destinations in India?
Are there direct flights to India?
Can I carry duty free alcohol into India?
Where should I fly to in India if I want to see the Taj Mahal?
I am only going to visit Goa, what is the best airport to use?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to India
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap India Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to India
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.