Find cheap flights to Iceland
Latest Iceland Flight Deals
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (7% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (16% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£264||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Iceland
- Looking for cheap airfare to Iceland? 25% of our users found return tickets to Iceland for the following prices or less: From Edinburgh Turnhouse £71, from Bristol £76, from London £148
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Iceland is March.
- Almost all international flights to Iceland arrive at Keflavik Airport (KEF), Iceland’s largest international airport. Three other smaller airports – Egilsstadir (EGS), Akureyri (AEY) and Reykjavik (RKV) – service some international flights too.
- Both Keflavik and Reykjavik airports serve the Reykjavik region. Keflavik is about 50min away by car from the city centre of Reykjavik, while Reykjavik airport is in Vatnsmyri, which is nearer to Reykjavik city centre. Keflavik airport is a major hub in the North Atlantic and receives flights from all over the world, including budget carriers such as easyJet. Reykjavik airport does not receive any direct flights from the United Kingdom, however it may be useful for travelling to other parts of the island.
- Akureyri airport is in North Iceland and is a fantastic entry point to the Artic North. Akureyri airport also offers flights to other parts of Iceland, such as Reykjavik, Grimsey Island, Thorshofn and Vopnafjordur. You are unlikely to find direct flights here from the United Kingdom, so expect a stopover in Reykjavik.
- Egilsstadir airport acts as an alternative airport for Keflavik airport. It is in the Egilsstaðanes peninsula on the banks of Lagarfljot lake, between the town of Fellabaer and Egilsstadir. Flying to this airport puts you in the centre of East Iceland, and the airport is only approx. 1-1.5h drive from major towns and cities.
- As a British citizen, you do not need a visa for short stays in Iceland. Your passport just needs to be valid for your entire stay in the country. It may be worthwhile checking the government website for up-to-date information on travel to Iceland and within the Schengen zone.
- Iceland is mainly a cashless society and debit and credit cards are used widely. You can also withdraw Icelandic Kronur through banks and ATMs if you want to avoid foreign currency charges on your bank card.
FAQs - booking Iceland flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from the United Kingdom to Iceland due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Iceland?
What is the cheapest flight to Iceland?
Which airlines fly to Iceland?
What is the most popular destination in Iceland?
What flights to Iceland should I look at if I want to visit Reynisfjara?
What flights to Iceland should I look at if I want to go to Husavik?
What flights to Iceland should I look at if I want to visit Landmannalaugar National Park?
Are there direct flights to Iceland?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Iceland
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Iceland Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.