Find cheap flights to Maldives
Latest Maldives Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Maldives
- Looking for cheap airfare to Maldives? 25% of our users found return tickets to Maldives for the following prices or less: From London Heathrow £491, from London £569, from Manchester £579
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be February, March and April. The cheapest month to fly to Maldives is November.
- Almost all flights to the Maldives land in Velana International Airport (MLA) on Hulhule island, 1.2 mi away from Male. Two other airports also receive some international flights – Hanimaadhoo International Airport (HAQ) and Gan International Airport (GAN). Velana serves the capital city of Maldives, Male while Gan serves Addu City.
- If you would like to take a seaplane transfer on the same day you arrive in Maldives, make sure your plane lands before 3pm as seaplane transfers only occur during the daytime. You usually need a seaplane transfer when going to resorts outside the South and North Male Atoll.
- If you would like to explore multiple atolls and regions in the Maldives, Male is a good place to start. Not only do international flights fly there most frequently, Velana airport offers regular flights to all 12 domestic airports.
- Domestic flights are provided by only 2 airlines, Maldivian and FlyMe, so do book the flights early as they fill up quickly.
- If you would like to exchange pounds for Maldivian rufiyaa, exchange it at Bank of Maldives in Velana airport, as the queue is shorter at the airport and some islands in the Maldives do not have money exchange counters. If you exchange your money at the bank and have local currency left over, you can convert it back at the airport if you can provide a receipt for your original purchase.
- If you are travelling with children, make sure to check with your resort beforehand whether children are welcome. Children younger than five are often not allowed in honeymoon resorts and there is usually a minimum age limit of 10 or 12 for water villas.
FAQs - booking Maldives flights
How long is the flight to Maldives?
The average direct flight from United Kingdom to Maldives takes 20h 42m, covering a distance of 5410 miles. The most popular route is London - Malé with an average flight time of 13h 20m.
What is the cheapest flight to Maldives?
The cheapest ticket to Maldives from United Kingdom found in the last 72 hours was £468. The most popular route is London to Malé and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £468.
What are the most popular destinations in Maldives?
Am I allowed to bring duty-free alcohol into the Maldives?
The importation of liquor and alcoholic products without prior permission is not permitted, so you should not buy liquor and alcohol products on the plane or at duty-free shops before your flights to Maldives, as they may be confiscated upon arrival in the country.
Should I travel to the Maldives during Ramadan?
If you are travelling to the Maldives during Ramadan, note that at local non-resort islands, business hours may be affected. If you are mainly staying on a resort island or other touristy islands, it should not affect your travel to the Maldives.
Do I need a visa to visit the Maldives?
British citizens do not need to apply for a visa prior to the trip, you will be granted a tourist visa upon landing in the Maldives. This allows you to stay up to 30 days. Additionally, your passport should have at least 6 months validity from the date you arrive in Maldives. You will also need to present evidence of return or onward travel as well as a reservation at a tourist resort or hotel.
Can I bring my prescription drugs to Maldives?
While Maldives also has strict anti-drugs laws, you can bring prescription drugs for personal use as long as you keep them in their original packaging with labels, take your doctor’s prescription with you and do not bring more than what you require during your stay.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book cheap flights to Maldives(Return)
Pros: On the 15th. Nov during my flight to India, I have made an online check in though did not receive an e ticket. I arrived the airport 70 min before the flight. The crew on the check in counter refused to issue me a ticket and insisted that I have missed my plane abd I need to purchase a new ticket. They even refused to check if I have made an online chick in. The gulf air online system, did not show me that I have made an online checkin. Unfortunately, the problem was solved by asking someone who work in the airport ( not gulf airlines representative) to check if I have made and online check in and to issue me a ticket to pass through the security control
Cons: They canceled the flight that I booked from muscat to Manama at 1245 and booked to me at 745 am flight, and they keep me waiting for six hours to catch my flight from Manama to Riyadh, They did not offer me a hotel to stay during the waiting period.
Pros: On March 4, my wife and I made a flight from New York to Sydney with a transfer in Doha, Qatar. We flew the Qatar airline business class. Everything was great despite a very large flight. New plane, very clean. Wide comfortable seats turning into a large comfortable bed. Great menu and good wine list. All staff are professionally trained and very friendly. All this made this flight very comfortable and we were not tired.
Pros: The crew was good. Loved the mango juice and veg food.
Cons: The seats are hard. More leg room please. Better entertainment with more recent clicks required. Toilet seat needs to stay upright. The eating tables should be straight. Should be able to recline our seats more.
Pros: Sits are very comfortable and the food is amazing.
Cons: The door from the US plane was closed in front of our nose and the staff was extremely rude.In Boston the Turkish Airlines representative from the luggage transfers didn't have a clue what he's doing. It was a complete disaster. So, the 1:10hrs between Cluj and Istambul is not enough for an US flight. You guys must schedule more time so people can get to the US plane on time. The Airline is amazing, good food, good crew, great sits, but please work on this schedule because it's so exhausting to stay an additional 11 hours on the road.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.