Find cheap flights to Moscow
Book Cheap Moscow Plane Tickets (Return)
Pros: We were able to bring our normal size backpacks as personal items even though they were certainly larger than the tiny personal item size limit.
Cons: We had a terrible experience with getting checked in online and adding a checked bag. Numerous issues getting in touch with the company and the call centre staff was rude and unhelpful. The website is glitchy. The fee for bringing checked luggage was very high. We won't use this airline again.
Pros: The crew was ok. The seats no conmfortable.
Cons: Every time the same problems. Bording we have to wait almost an hour and then all the people have to wait for the bus in a very Small place(like animals) then at the bus... waiting in a full one untill someone says ok to ride..
Pros: Everything went exactly as it should with any flight - check-in (long queue, but multiple desks open so it didn't take long for everyone to check-in on time), boarding (swift and efficient), operation (no technical issues, no unpleasant experiences, flight departed and landed on time) & plane (fairly new and clean aircraft).
Cons: Not being connected to a jet (boarding) bridge, despite the aircraft being parked right in front of the terminal, next to one of these connecting bridges. We had to take the bus circle the terminal for what felt like an unnecessary expense-cutting choice made by Wizzair.
Book Cheap Moscow Plane Tickets (One-way)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Moscow
- Looking for cheap airfare to Moscow? 25% of our users found return tickets to Moscow for the following prices or less: From London £92, from Manchester £173, from Birmingham £173
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be May, June and July. The cheapest month to fly to Moscow is January.
- Booking flights to Moscow? If so, there are four airport options available however the two most commonly used are Shermetyevo International Airport (SVO) and Domodedovo Moscow Airport (DME). Both airports are among the domestic hubs for international flights to Moscow but Shermetyevo International Airport is Moscow’s busiest and largest airport.
- Travellers landing at Domodedovo Moscow Airport have the option of taking the Aeroexpress Train to Paveletsky Rail Terminal downtown Moscow (about 50 minutes) at a cost of ₽500 (£5.75) per single trip while suburban commuter trains will complete the journey in about 70 minutes. The No. 308 bus also provides service to Moscow for about ₽85 (£1.00) and taxis are also available for your convenience.
- Feeling a bit stressed after your flight to Moscow? Clarins Skin Spa at Shermetyevo International Airport offers a variety of herbal infused applications to help you relax and rejuvenate including SOS Detox; Express Rejuvenation and Say No to Fatigue. The spa is located on the second floor of The Moscow Business Lounge at Terminal D for international flights.
- Shermetyevo International Airport offers a plethora of food options for the hungry traveller before and after flying from Mercedes-Benz Café (Terminal B/Floor 3) to T.G.I. Friday’s (Terminal D/Floor 3; Terminal F/Floor 2) to “Surf’N’Fries” (Terminal F/Floor 2). There are also several coffee, food and caviar vending machines located around the airport terminals.
- Foreign visitors on flights to Moscow will be pleased to know that there are several Currency Exchange Bureaus located at Shermetyevo International Airport so you purchase Rubles before you leave. Booths are located at the International Arrivals and Departure areas of Terminal D; Terminal E/Floors 2 and 3 and Terminal F/Floors 1 and 2.
FAQs - booking Moscow flights
How long is the flight to Moscow?
|Flights from London||3h 55m|
What is the cheapest flight to Moscow?
The cheapest airline ticket to Moscow from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £48 return on the route London to Moscow. The most popular route is London to Moscow and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £1246 return.
Which airlines fly to Moscow?
In general from United Kingdom, Aeroflot, British Airways and S7 Airlines fly the most to Moscow. The most popular route is from London, and Aeroflot, British Airways & S7 Airlines fly this route the most.
Which Moscow airport is closest to central Moscow?
Moscow is served by 4 major airports. Moscow Vnukovo (17 miles) is the closest to the centre of Moscow, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport is 18 miles from the centre, Moscow Zhukovsky is 25 miles from the centre and Moscow Domodedovo Airport is 25 miles away from the centre. View on map.
What shopping options are there at Shermetyevo International Airport?
Imperial Duty Free Heinemann operates 55 locations across Terminals A, B, D, E and F where you can shop for cosmetics and fragrances for yourself or as gift items for family and friends while Shermetyevo Travel Retail Heinemann (Terminal B/Floors 1 and 3) is a great place to pick up a few souvenirs as keepsakes.
Should I fly to Shermetyevo International Airport or Domodedovo Moscow Airport?
Deciding on which airport to fly into really depends on flight availability however, all things being equal, Shermetyevo International Airport is closer to downtown Moscow (29 kilometres) than Domodedovo Moscow Airport (42 kilometres) and therefore will be cheaper and faster as far as transportation and petrol is concerned, especially if you rent a car.
What hotels offer complimentary transport to and from Domodedovo Moscow Airport?
Due to its distance from the city centre (42 kilometres) there are not very many Moscow hotels which provide free shuttle service to and from Domodedovo Moscow Airport. However, there are a few that do offer the service and three such accommodations are Domodedovo AirHotel, Hotel Alexandria-Domodedovo and Gorki Apartments Domodedovo.
What facilities are available for families with children at Shermetyevo International Airport?
Shermetyevo International Airport provides several mother-and-child rooms for families travelling with infant or young children where they can eat, play and relax under parental supervision. Rooms are equipped with bedrooms, restrooms and kitchenette, located at Terminals B, D, E, F and Aeroexpress and are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.