Find cheap flights to Russia
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (9% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£406||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Russia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Russia? 25% of our users found return tickets to Russia for the following prices or less: From Edinburgh Turnhouse £332, from London £340, from Manchester £551
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly to Russia is November.
- Throughout Russia, there are several international airports that act as hubs with connections to the rest of the country. Moscow itself is served by three different airports: Sheremetyevo International Airport (SVO), which is to the north of Moscow, and Domodedovo International Airport (DME) and Vnukovo International Airport (VKO), which are to the south of Moscow. If you wanted to explore the east of the country, you could fly into Vladivostok International Airport (VVO), and for the centre of Russia, you could consider flights to Koltsovo International Airport (SVX).
- If you are looking at flights to Russia to explore the Pacific coastline of the country, you can book a flight to Vladivostok International Airport, which is at one end of the Trans-Siberian Railway and located on the Pacific coast of Russia. From there you can use overland transport to explore the region or even catch a ferry onward to South Korea and Japan. From the UK it is likely that you will fly via Moscow and then catch an onward flight to Vladivostok.
- Visitors wanting to spend time in the area of the Volga River should consider flying into Kazan International Airport (KZN), which is located 18mi from the city of Kazan.
- Visas are mandatory for visitors to Russia and you need to obtain this visa before you travel. Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after your visa expires. When you enter Russia, you will receive an immigration card at passport control – there are two parts to the form, one part will be kept at immigration on your arrival and the other part needs to be handed in at passport control when you leave Russia – it is important to keep this form safe, otherwise your departure from Russia could be delayed.
- Although credit and debit cards are accepted in most Russian cities in places like tourist attractions, hotels and restaurants, and ATMs exist at most bank outlets, it may be an idea to have some Russian roubles with you for when you leave the airport, as taxi drivers may not accept card payments. You can buy roubles before you fly, however, if you buy them at the airport when you land in Russia, you will need to have US dollars or euros with you.
FAQs - booking Russia flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from the United Kingdom to Russia due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from the United Kingdom to Russia due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Russia?
What is the cheapest flight to Russia?
Which airlines fly to Russia?
What are the most popular destinations in Russia?
Are there non-stop flights to Russia?
How do I fly to Siberia?
I want to visit the Black Sea, which airport is best?
My destination is Lake Baikal – which airport should I fly to?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Russia
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Russia Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Russia
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.