|Standard estate car||£29/day|
Pros: Drop off was quick.
Cons: Thrifty charged more than what was displayed when I checked out on the Kayak website. Thrifty indicated the fuel charge was cheaper than local gas at the drop-off location, which was not true when I saw the gas prices. Thrifty also told me they would charge $38 for gas, but they charged $42.13. The pickup location was wrong. This location was closed and I had to drive to the other location to pick up the car.
Pros: The car wasn’t ready when I arrived but that dude that helped me was really nice.
Pros: System was down and messed up entire trip upon pickup and then was charged for gas in error
Pros: The car was amazing for the price I paid! It was exactly what I wanted.
Cons: I rented from LAX airport and I took 1 hour for me to be able to pick up the car as the location in my reservation was closed. I call different Thrifty numbers but nobody could help me, one person even told that if I was not able to pick up it was because there were close, in LAX?!?! When I finally got to the pic up location everything was really smooth, but I lost 1.5 hours of my rental time due nobody was able to explain to me where I should go.
Cons: There was only 1 agent helping at the pickup counter, so the line was long and people were getting antsy. Poor girl needed some help. Other than that, it was great!
Cons: Inside of vehicle was not clean properly.
Cons: I ubered to thrifty to find a sign on the door that due to corona virus please use hertz at hertz facility. So I had to order another uber to go over there. Then they charged me 39 dollars for insurance that I didnt want. Press enterprise never charged me for this insurance. its bs!
Cons: Waited at rental pick up sign at LAX for almost 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. Called the customer service line and talked to a representative who shared they cant connect with the rental office or the shuttle bus driver and all we can do is just wait. Very poor customer service (none to be exact). Once shuttle arrived driver was listening to judge Judy on the loud speaker and didnt have a care in the world about the passengers. After arriving at the rental counter, employees were huddled in a corner shooting the breeze and laughing as I and other customers waited in line. After several minutes of waiting and several of us in line spoke loudly about getting assistance, only then did the employees break up their huddle and assist those in line. Once I received my printed contract I was advised to go look for the Chevrolet equinox vehicle along the fence. Unfortunately, there was not such a model in the parking lot. I went back in and waited in line again and once it was my turn I was advised at that time that I can pick a similar vehicle. All in total, it was about an hour of wasted time. Advice to others, spend the extra few bucks per day and go with a rental agency that gives a damn!
Pros: Prices are great right now, probably because of the current coronavirus situation. The car was clean, and performed well. I rented a Jeep Cherokee. Car selection was limited. Fortunately, I really liked the car that I got.
Cons: Ease of picking up the car wasn’t quite as quick and efficient as Hertz, but, also wasn’t bad. I wouldn’t want to have wanted to be there, however, if there has been a long line.
Pros: Great service and very easy return.
Pros: It was a quick drop off. Car was clean.
Cons: The person who helped us in LAX really was pushing the add on insurance and anything else she could do. Was speaking extremely fast so we wouldn’t understand her and say yes to whatever she was offering. By the end of it, it ended up costing me what it would have costed going through a different company. NEVER RENTING THROUGH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.
Pros: Staff as drop off very friendly
Cons: Car was very dirty inside. Stains on drivers side of roof and also smelled of cigarette
Other suppliers in Los Angeles scored
- 5.4/10 Ace car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.1/10 Avis car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.5/10 Budget car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.4/10 Dollar car hire in Los Angeles
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.7/10 Hertz car hire in Los Angeles
- 5.8/10 Payless car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.5/10 NU Car car hire in Los Angeles
- 4.0/10 Economy Rent a Car car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.2/10 Europcar car hire in Los Angeles
- 9.9/10 State Van Rental car hire in Los Angeles
- 8.8/10 Midway car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.9/10 Sixt car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.4/10 Airport Van car hire in Los Angeles
- 5.8/10 Fox car hire in Los Angeles
- 3.0/10 U-Save car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.6/10 AMPM Car And Truck Rentals car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.4/10 Silvercar car hire in Los Angeles
Where can I find Thrifty hire cars in Los Angeles?
Top tips for hiring a car from Thrifty in Los Angeles
- 25% of our users found a car hire from Thrifty in Los Angeles for £22 or less
- Book your car hire from Los Angeles in Thrifty at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Intermediate car hires from Thrifty in Los Angeles are around 39% cheaper than other car types, on average