LON - ROM
Find cheap flights from London to Rome
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from London to Rome
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for £75 or less.
- The cheapest flight from London to Rome was found, on average, 81 days before departure.
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July, August and September. The cheapest month to fly is January.
- Morning departure is around 22% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- If you are looking for direct flights from London to Rome, a number of different airlines offer flights from London’s major airports Luton, Heathrow, Gatwick and Standsted. Budget airline company Ryanair offers regular flights from Stansted and easyJet flies out of Luton.
- There are two major international airports in Rome. Rome Fiumicino is often referred to as the main airport and services the big airlines. Ciampino Airport is much smaller with many budget airlines based there. Both airlines are not far from the city and offer public transport options to and from the airport.
- To travel into Stansted airport from the London city centre, the most direct train is the Standsted Express, departing from London Liverpool Street. For those catching a flight at Luton, you can catch the Underground from London Blackfriars station up to the Luton Airport Parkway. This stop is the closest station to the airport and from there you can catch the shuttle to the airport terminal.
- For those travelling to Rome from London with children, Heathrow offers a service whereby you can pre-order baby food or milk formula from Boots, and pick it up before your flight after going through security, eliminating the stress of meeting security requirements. To keep the little ones entertained before the flight, Gatwick has Kids Zones in the North and South Terminal where they can play and watch TV.
- To get into the city from Rome Fiumicino Airport, there are two trains that stop at the Rome Termini station. The Leonardo Express is the passenger airport train and will take you into the city. If you’re flying into Ciampino Airport, the nearest station is in the nearby town of Ciampino. There is a regular bus that connects the airport to the train station.
FAQs for booking London to Rome flights
Book cheap flights from London to Rome (return)
Book cheap flights from London to Rome (one-way)
Pros: Being able to check in quickly and weigh and tag my own luggage.
Cons: Took too long to board the plane. Didn’t like that the only persons picked on for hand luggage was a husband and wife in there mid 70’s. But eventually they were allowed to bring on their hand luggage.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.