Find cheap flights to Crete
Latest Crete Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Crete
- Looking for cheap airfare to Crete? 25% of our users found return tickets to Crete for the following prices or less: From Bristol £177, from London £204, from Birmingham £255
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Crete is April.
- Flights to Crete land at one of the two main airports on the Greek Island. These are Chania International Airport (CHQ), on the west side of the island, and Heraklion International Airport (HER), which is closer to the east side and serves the most populated region of Crete.
- Both airports are served by flights to Crete, which are mainly seasonal and mostly from cities in England including London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, and Bristol. In addition to direct flights from England, Heraklion International Airport is also served by seasonal flights from Edinburgh and Glasgow in Scotland and Belfast in Northern Ireland, which are operated by low-cost airlines Jet2 and easyJet.
- If you can fly to any airport on the Greek island from your city in the United Kingdom, when booking your flight to Crete you might like to keep in mind that Heraklion Airport is the most centrally located airport, but also the busiest.
- Thanks to its climate, Crete is a great destination all year long whether you’re travelling for the beaches in the summer or the skiing in the winter. But be aware that some events attract a lot of tourists to Crete, such as the Pierra Creta ski mountaineering event in March and the Cretan Wine Festival in July, meaning that the airports may be considerably busier (and queues longer) at these times.
- If your favourite low-cost airline is Ryanair, keep in mind that flights to Crete from the United Kingdom operated by this airline will land at Chania International Airport. If you will be spending your holiday in Heraklion or the east of the island, you may like to consider flying with a different airline or be prepared to travel at least 2h by road to reach your final destination.
FAQs - booking Crete flights
How long is the flight to Crete?
The average direct flight from United Kingdom to Crete takes 12h 02m, covering a distance of 1775 miles. The most popular route is London - Heraklion with an average flight time of 4h 00m.
What is the cheapest flight to Crete?
The cheapest ticket to Crete from United Kingdom found in the last 72 hours was £79. The most popular route is London to Heraklion and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £169.
Which airlines fly to Crete?
Jet2, easyJet & British Airways fly the most frequently from United Kingdom to Crete. The most popular route is London to Heraklion, and easyJet and British Airways fly this route the most.
What are the most popular destinations in Crete?
Which is the most convenient airport in Scotland to book a flight to Crete from?
Flights to Crete from Scotland depart from Edinburgh International Airport (EDI) and Glasgow International Airport (GLA). If you prefer a direct flight to Crete and more airline options, Edinburgh International will be the best airport for you. Glasgow International Airport is less busy, but do keep in mind that you'll have fewer options here when it comes to airlines. Flying out of Glasgow might also mean you'll have at least one stopover.
Is it possible to book a direct flight to Crete from Cardiff?
The only direct flights to Crete from Cardiff Airport (CWL) are operated by a charter airline, which flies seasonally to Heraklion Airport. However, it is possible to book a flight with only one stopover on KAYAK. One of the shortest routes will involve a stopover in Edinburgh: a flight there from Cardiff takes about 1h, and then you will have around 5h of flying from Edinburgh to Crete.
Do all the airports in London offer direct flights to Crete?
You can find flights to Crete from London flying out of London Stansted Airport (STN), London Heathrow Airport (LHR) and London Luton Airport (LTN), however London Gatwick Airport (LGW) is the only airport with direct flights to Crete, serving both airports on the island. If you prefer to fly out from one of the other London airports, account for at least one stopover.
I’m staying in Chania in Crete. Which is the best airport to fly into?
The closest airport is Chania International Airport (8.4 mi from the city centre), but not as many airlines fly here from the UK. If you choose Heraklion Airport instead, it’s about a 2h drive to Chania city centre.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book cheap flights to Crete(Return)
Pros: Price was good
Cons: Marginally confusing online check in instructions. Gate attendant wasn’t helpful and tried to charge us 55 euro to check in. Everything is ala carte but I understood that when buying the ticket. Flight was more than 1 hr late. Gate attendant was rude and gave wrong information. Boarding process was not well managed. Made it to destination with bags.
Pros: Italian /Irish air hostess fabulous with annoying customers, bless her she handled everything so well, I would have thrown them off
Cons: I paid 20 euro each for extra leg room on the way out and we were cramped into a seat across from toilet at the v back so for 4 half hours there was nothing but tits and ass in my face and it was so tight could hardly move that milk spilt all over my good trousers that cost me 160 euro and I can’t get out
Pros: Comfortable, quick flight to prague, even landed early! The cabin crew were efficent and the cabin was kept clean and tidy. Legroom is always better on Jet2
Cons: Nothing to not like. Jet2 have good planes, excellent legroom and great staff.
Pros: Entertainment was good.
Cons: The crew was horrible. They walked through the aisles with no regard for passengers seated in the aisles. No food over a 9 hr transatlantic flight. This was not explained in the ticket. This was absolutely absurd. I have never experienced that before
Pros: The flight was pretty smooth considering it was a small plane.
Cons: I did not appreciate having to give my hand luggage into the hold which meant that I did not have any money to purchase any drinks on the flights and I was also sitting next to an overweight man which made it very tight for space.
Cons: This was my first trip to Europe and I was a bit nervous about the experience, I've been on plenty of planes, however, about nothing like this. Norwegian Airlines is the worst experience I have ever had on a plane or any mode of transportation. We were running to the terminal because they only announced that they had last call,and we were eating. When we got there, they pulled my fiancee aside to weigh her bags (mind you this is about 5 mins before the plane is about the leave). I'm waiting inside of the airway for her and they spot me and pull me back out to weigh my bag. The guy was shady, he pulled on my bag as it was on the hand scale and said it was 3 kg overweight. I told him it's not, I weighed it myself, so he weighs it again and say "sorry, I meant it is 4kg overweight" he said that it is 15 dollars per kg, unless I want to leave stuff here. I looked at him and he just stared at me until I gave him my credit card. $60!! That's ridiculous, especially considering I bought a hand weight just for this occasion. My fiancee had to pay $90!! And just to top it off, they wouldn't give her passport, she had to ask for it back. Also, if you dont purchase a food plan before hand you have to buy it on the plan. They dont even offer peanuts. This airline will nickel and dime you for everything. Better off with another airline if you are traveling abroad. You'll end up paying the same, but will have better service. Never again will I fly Norwegian
Book cheap flights to Crete(One-way)
Pros: Being able to check in quickly and weigh and tag my own luggage.
Cons: Took too long to board the plane. Didn’t like that the only persons picked on for hand luggage was a husband and wife in there mid 70’s. But eventually they were allowed to bring on their hand luggage.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.