Find cheap flights to Crete
Good to know
|April||Best time to beat the crowds (7% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (21% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£330||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Crete
- Looking for cheap airfare to Crete? 25% of our users found return tickets to Crete for the following prices or less: From Bristol £167, from Birmingham £176, from London £187
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Crete is April.
- Flights to Crete land at one of the two main airports on the Greek Island. These are Chania International Airport (CHQ), on the west side of the island, and Heraklion International Airport (HER), which is closer to the east side and serves the most populated region of Crete.
- Both airports are served by flights to Crete, which are mainly seasonal and mostly from cities in England including London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, and Bristol. In addition to direct flights from England, Heraklion International Airport is also served by seasonal flights from Edinburgh and Glasgow in Scotland and Belfast in Northern Ireland, which are operated by low-cost airlines Jet2 and easyJet.
- If you can fly to any airport on the Greek island from your city in the United Kingdom, when booking your flight to Crete you might like to keep in mind that Heraklion Airport is the most centrally located airport, but also the busiest.
- Thanks to its climate, Crete is a great destination all year long whether you’re travelling for the beaches in the summer or the skiing in the winter. But be aware that some events attract a lot of tourists to Crete, such as the Pierra Creta ski mountaineering event in March and the Cretan Wine Festival in July, meaning that the airports may be considerably busier (and queues longer) at these times.
- If your favourite low-cost airline is Ryanair, keep in mind that flights to Crete from the United Kingdom operated by this airline will land at Chania International Airport. If you will be spending your holiday in Heraklion or the east of the island, you may like to consider flying with a different airline or be prepared to travel at least 2h by road to reach your final destination.
FAQs - booking Crete flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from the United Kingdom to Crete due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Crete?
What is the cheapest flight to Crete?
Which airlines fly to Crete?
What are the most popular destinations in Crete?
Which is the most convenient airport in Scotland to book a flight to Crete from?
Is it possible to book a direct flight to Crete from Cardiff?
Do all the airports in London offer direct flights to Crete?
I’m staying in Chania in Crete. Which is the best airport to fly into?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Crete
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Crete Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.