Find cheap flights to Kathmandu
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (5% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£810||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Kathmandu
- Looking for cheap airfare to Kathmandu? 25% of our users found return tickets to Kathmandu for the following prices or less: From London £463, from Cardiff-Wales Arpt £499, from Birmingham £560
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Kathmandu is January.
- The first thing that you will notice when arriving at Kathmandu Tribhuvan Airport (KTM) is the mountainous scenery surrounding it. Travellers on flights to Kathmandu from Europe and countries to the West will usually find the best views from the left-hand side of the plane.
- Kathmandu Tribhuvan Airport is divided into two terminals: International and Domestic. Situated side by side, it is easy to walk between the two (even with luggage), although some porter touts may try to claim that it isn’t.
- When claiming your baggage at Kathmandu Airport, you will need to show the portion of your luggage tag that was attached to your boarding pass – make sure you don’t throw this away before you have left the terminal building! Luggage trolleys are available at baggage reclaim and free to use.
- Feeling hungry when you arrive at Kathmandu Tribhuvan Airport? The majority of food outlets at the airport – largely limited to snack bars – are in the Departures section, but there is one Airport Restaurant in the terminal building. Some shops also sell sandwiches, tea and coffee.
- Weary travellers arriving on long flights to Kathmandu may want nothing more than to sleep and fortunately, there are several hotels more or less opposite the airport. The Hotel Meridian Suite, the Regal Airport Hotel, the Summit Residency and the Palagya Hotel are all 2min drive away from Kathmandu Tribhuvan Airport – it is worth booking a free shuttle transfer to avoid crossing a busy major road on foot.
- If you are travelling further into the city and prefer using public transport, green public buses connect the airport to the city centre at irregular intervals. The price for a one-way ticket is 20 NPR (0.15 GBP).
FAQs - booking Kathmandu flights
What is the cheapest flight to Kathmandu?
How far is Kathmandu airport from central Kathmandu?
What is the name of Kathmandu’s airport?
Which airlines fly to Kathmandu?
What kind of services does Kathmandu Tribhuvan Airport offer?
Is there a lounge I can access at Kathmandu Airport?
How much is a taxi from Kathmandu Tribhuvan Airport to the city centre?
Can I exchange currency at Kathmandu Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Kathmandu?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Kathmandu?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Kathmandu?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Kathmandu?
Top 5 airlines flying to Kathmandu Tribhuvan
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Kathmandu Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.