Find cheap flights to Rio de Janeiro
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (8% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£775||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Rio de Janeiro
- Looking for cheap airfare to Rio de Janeiro? 25% of our users found return tickets to Rio de Janeiro for the following prices or less: From Glasgow £432, from Birmingham £537, from Aberdeen Dyce £611
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Rio de Janeiro is May.
- When booking your flights to Rio de Janeiro, you can choose to fly into either Galeão International Airport (GIG) or Santos Dumont Airport. The larger Galeão Airport is 25min north of downtown Rio de Janeiro, whereas Santos Dumont Airport is located within the city.
- If you’re travelling with children, there are a number of children’s play areas throughout Galeão Airport to keep them entertained. One is located beyond security in Terminal 1, one in the domestic area of Terminal 2 and the third in the international area of Terminal 2.
- For those who need to travel from the Santos Dumont Airport to the Galeão Airport, the fastest way is to catch a taxi. However, a more affordable option is the Express Bus 2145 which runs between the Airports via downtown Rio de Janeiro, every 20min.
- If you are in Santos Dumont Airport for a long layover, it is important to know that the airport closes between 23:00 – 04:30 each day. While you can remain at the airport when it’s closed, you can only enter the airport during opening hours. Galeão Airport is open 24h a day.
- For those looking to purchase some of the local currency, Brazilian real, after your flight to Rio de Janeiro, you can find Global Exchange Airports throughout Galeão Airport, including in the arrivals area of Terminal 2. The Invest Câmbio currency exchange at Santos Dumont Airport is open 07:00 – 19:00.
FAQs - booking Rio de Janeiro flights
What is the cheapest flight to Rio de Janeiro?
Which airlines fly to Rio de Janeiro?
Which Rio de Janeiro airport is closest to central Rio de Janeiro?
Are there any passenger lounges at Rio de Janeiro Airport?
What dining options are there at Rio de Janeiro Airport?
How do I travel to the city from Rio de Janeiro Airport?
What hotels offer a shuttle to the Rio de Janeiro Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Rio de Janeiro?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Rio de Janeiro?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Rio de Janeiro?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Rio de Janeiro?
Top 4 airlines flying to Rio de Janeiro
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Rio de Janeiro Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.