Find cheap flights to Salzburg
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Salzburg
- Looking for cheap airfare to Salzburg? 25% of our users found return tickets to Salzburg for the following prices or less: From London £112, from Birmingham £157, from Manchester £165
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and March. The cheapest month to fly to Salzburg is January.
- Although usually considered a seasonal skiing airport, Salzburg Airport (SZG) is well located for travellers looking to visit other Austrian destinations like Innsbruck, Linz and Klagenfurt. Good road and rail links mean that even German towns like Rosenheim and Munich can be easily accessed via flights to Salzburg.
- Enjoy a bit of regional colour while you wait by visiting the Salzburg Airport artport gallery. Located on the 1st floor, it features rotating exhibitions by local artists.
- If you are just visiting the city of Salzburg for a short time before continuing your journey, make use of the secure baggage storage facility at the airport. Located by the "Bulky Items" desk, it charges a 24h rate for storing luggage and skis.
- Feeling the need to stretch your legs after a flight to Salzburg? The free Visitors’ Terrace is open every day and offers panoramic views of the airport. A café is also in operation when the weather allows for it.
- Many travellers choose to hire a car to explore the region, and several local and international firms are available at Salzburg Airport. To find them, you will need to take a covered path leading to the car park opposite the terminal building.
- Smoking is not permitted at Salzburg Airport, even on the roof terrace, but travellers will find a dedicated smoking lounge near Gate 9 in Terminal 1.
FAQs - booking Salzburg flights
How long is the flight to Salzburg?
|Flights from London||1h 57m|
What is the cheapest flight to Salzburg?
The cheapest airline ticket to Salzburg from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £104 return on the route London to Salzburg. The most popular route is London to Salzburg and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £139 return.
Which airlines fly to Salzburg?
How far is Salzburg airport from central Salzburg?
Salzburg Airport is 3 miles from the centre of Salzburg. View on map.
What is the name of Salzburg’s airport?
Salzburg is served by Salzburg W.A. Mozart Airport, also commonly referred to as Salzburg, Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart, W.A. Mozart, or simply Salzburg Airport. The airport code is SZG.
What facilities does Salzburg Airport provide for families?
Passengers with children on flights to Salzburg can rest assured that they will be well catered for. As well as changing facilities in the public areas of the terminal, there is a children’s play corner located in the Markt Restaurant of Terminal 1, and a further one in the Departures area of charter flight Terminal 2. The Visitors’ Terrace is also a good way to keep older children entertained.
Is there an on-site hotel at Salzburg Airport?
There is no hotel within the airport terminal, but the Airporthotel Salzburg is located just across from Arrivals, on the other side of Car Park 3. The Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West can also be accessed by a 5min walk or 2min drive (shuttles available on request), and Hotel Himmelreich is an 8min walk or 3min drive away, with a transfer organised for free whenever possible.
What is the fastest way to get from Salzburg Airport to the city centre?
It takes around 15-20min to reach Salzburg city centre by car from the airport; if you are not driving yourself, taxis are readily available outside the terminal building and cost around €30-40 (£26-34) for the trip. Numerous fixed rate transfer companies are also available if you are travelling to destinations outside the city centre. Cheaper and nearly as fast is to take the bus – No. 10 departs every 10min for the city centre (except Sundays) and takes 15min, while line No. 2 services the main train station every 10-20min, with a journey time of 23min. Single tickets for both routes cost €2.50 (£2.10).
Where can I get a bite to eat at Salzburg Airport?
If you feel hungry after your flight to Salzburg, don’t worry – various concessions from coffee shops to a full-service restaurant are available in the terminal, many of them in the pre-security public area. Drink a local beer at the Stiegl Terminal in the check-in zone, grab a bakery treat from Resch&Frisch (daily from 05:00 to 18:00), relax with a hot drink at Coffeeshop Company, or enjoy an upscale meal at Jedermann, a restaurant located on the 1st floor.
Book Cheap Salzburg Plane Tickets(Return)
Flights to Salzburg
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.