Find cheap flights to Sydney
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (13% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£1029||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sydney
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sydney? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sydney for the following prices or less: From London £655, from Manchester £674, from Birmingham £756
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Sydney is November.
- For travellers who are a little hungry after their flight to Sydney, there are a number of food options at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. From Beqaa, serving Lebanese street food and a Subway in the food court in T1 international arrivals hall to the various coffee shops (such as Toby’s Estate at T3 domestic terminal) and burger bars – Chur Burger and Bistro 2020 in T2 domestic terminal – there are restaurants to suit every appetite and palate.
- For those families with babies in transit at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, you will be pleased to know there are parents’ rooms and baby change rooms throughout the international terminal both before and after customs. These rooms have change tables, nursing areas and a microwave oven if you need to heat food.
- Flights to Sydney can be long and tiring so if you want to freshen up after arriving there are shower facilities available near check-in area at departures. For those travellers in transit there are some showers past security (passenger only access) on the departures level. You will need to supply all provisions for the use of the shower – these can be purchased at a relevant retail outlet if need be.
- If you crave a moment of quiet contemplation or prayer after one of these long flights to Sydney and before you head out into the city, Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport has a prayer room located on level 3 at the international terminal.
- For the traveller who does not want to purchase bottled water for the flight, Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport has a number of water fountains scattered throughout the international terminal. These are situated outside most toilets and provide passengers with clean drinking water and the option to refill your water bottles at no charge.
FAQs - booking Sydney flights
What is the cheapest flight to Sydney?
How far is Sydney airport from central Sydney?
What is the name of Sydney’s airport?
Are there car hire facilities at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport?
Which airport hotels are there at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport?
Is there a train service from Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport to the city?
How do I transfer between terminals at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Sydney Kingsford Smith
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Sydney Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Sydney Plane Tickets (One-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.