Find cheap flights to Chennai
Book Cheap Chennai Plane Tickets (Return)
Pros: Crew was helpful. Leg room is good. Overall the flight was good.
Cons: Food could be better. Got Pizza for snack both ways. Could have been changed, and with 16 hours non stop, water should be offered more often. Although we can go get it ourselves, don't want to disturb others in the seat row to get snacks or water.
Book Cheap Chennai Plane Tickets (One-way)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Chennai
- Looking for cheap airfare to Chennai? 25% of our users found return tickets to Chennai for the following prices or less: From London £420, from Birmingham £437, from Manchester £461
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Chennai is September.
- Chennai International Airport (MAA) is the fourth busiest airport in India and distinguished itself by being the first airport in the country to have Domestic and International Terminals next to one another. While T1 (Domestic) and T3 (International Arrivals) are within the same complex, the newer T4 (International Departures) is accessed by a moving walkway.
- Chennai Airport is a hub for low-cost regional carriers IndiGo and Alliance Air (a subsidiary of Air India). It is thus a popular choice for travellers continuing their journey to other destinations within India or South Asia.
- Feeling thirsty after your flight to Chennai? Drinking water points are available free of charge throughout the airport, along with environmentally friendly disposable cups.
- Shopping addicts can take advantage of some great deals at Chennai Airport, as duty-free is available to international passengers in both the arrivals and departures areas.
- If you’re just spending a few days in Chennai and don’t wish to carry all your luggage around, you will find a luggage storage service in the International Arrivals area of the airport.
- Travellers in need of a place to relax after long flights to Chennai can pre-book a three-hour stay in one of the many airport lounges. Operated by Travel Club, the lounges are scattered throughout the terminals and offer benefits such as snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi, newspapers, televisions and conference facilities.
FAQs - booking Chennai flights
How long is the flight to Chennai?
|Flights from London||10h 27m|
What is the cheapest flight to Chennai?
The cheapest airline ticket to Chennai from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £388 return on the route Manchester to Chennai. The most popular route is London to Chennai and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £415 return.
Which airlines fly to Chennai?
In general from United Kingdom, American Airlines and British Airways fly the most to Chennai. The most popular route is from London, and American Airlines & British Airways fly this route the most.
How far is Chennai airport from central Chennai?
Chennai Airport is 10 miles from the centre of Chennai. View on map.
What is the name of Chennai’s airport?
Chennai is served by Chennai Airport, also commonly referred to as Chennai, Chennai Intl. The airport code is MAA.
What is the fastest way to get from Chennai Airport to the city centre?
Traffic on the route from Chennai Airport to the city centre can be bad, so expect the journey to take between 50min and 1h 20min by private taxi or rickshaw. Auto rickshaws are available outside the terminal building and cost around ₹ 252 (£2.60) during the day, while for travellers with lots of luggage, a taxi (regular or prepaid) will cost between ₹ 350 (£3.70) and ₹ 500 (£5.30). Local bus services are also available, as well as an air-conditioned minibus that departs for CMBT when full.
Are there business facilities available at Chennai Airport?
If you need to catch up on some work straight after your flight to Chennai, you will find various business facilities available in the airport. Conference rooms can be booked for larger meetings, free charging points are located throughout the terminals, and the payable Travel Club lounges offer basic business services.
Is there an on-site hotel at Chennai Airport?
Chennai Airport is some distance from the city centre, but there are many accommodation options close by if you wish to remain within easy reach of the airport. The Radisson Blue Hotel Chennai is 1.5 mi away and has a shuttle available on request, while the Trident Chennai is 2 mi away and also offers a free airport transfer service.
What other services does Chennai Airport offer?
A modern international airport, Chennai Airport offers all the facilities that travellers might need, from shops, restaurants and fast food outlets to ATMs, currency exchange counters, medical facilities, a post office and a spa. There is also a prayer room available airside in the International Terminal.
Are there rail links to Chennai Airport?
While there are no direct rail links to Chennai Airport, it is easy to get to Chennai Central Station and continue your journey from there. Local bus line 1B departs every 5min from outside the terminal and travels to the station; tickets cost ₹ 35 (£0.40). Alternatively, you can take a taxi to the Central Station – expect to pay around ₹ 500 (£5.30) for the 1h 20min journey.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.