Find cheap flights to Dominican Republic
Book cheap flights to Dominican Republic (Return)
Pros: The crew didn’t have most things listed that should have been for sale. They were annoyed when asked for things. If you needed something mid flight you had to go to the service area...they would not serve you at your seat.
Cons: Everything...app didn’t work, baggage allowance wasn’t clear (extremely overpriced), crew was irritated...don’t use this airline if you don’t need to
Pros: In flight entertainment was good, half of the cabin crew were super friendly, others a bit bored.
Cons: Brand new A350 but very cramped seats, it felt very claustrophic. Flew out on a 747 and had a lot of space - wonderful aircraft, flew back on A350 and it felt like flying Ryanair for 7 hours! I am only 5 feet 7 and my knees were close to the seat in front, I am not fat but the tray table was touching my stomach. I dread to think how anyone ate the food if they are 15 stone or more, I guess the table rest on the stomach and the food has to be held on.. The food wasn't good, I asked for a vegetarian meal but got bland vegan food - no cheese or dairy even though those are vegetarian. Next time I will not order a special meal and just get the standard vege meal and risk that they have one for me. Flight crew were OK, some of the instructions about electronic devices were garbled and unclear, especially about the use of laptops.
Book cheap flights to Dominican Republic (One-way)
Pros: We normally get nothing better than a 717 on ATL-OKC, but the 737-800 was an incredible aircraft that made everything better owning to COVID 19 factors.
Cons: DL needs to find a better way to manage food and drinks for FC during the COVID 19 era.
Pros: No incidents which is always a good thing. I would've liked that the seat had a USB charger though.
Cons: For some reason the airport scheduled 2 packed flights to board at gates right next to each other. These gates are right next to a main corridor. As you can imagine, it was chaos with lots of people standing around in both lines and then bunch of people trying to walk through.
Latest Dominican Republic Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Dominican Republic
- Looking for cheap airfare to Dominican Republic? 25% of our users found return tickets to Dominican Republic for the following prices or less: From Manchester £457, from London Heathrow £479, from London £514
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Dominican Republic is September.
- The Dominican Republic has 8 international airports. You should plan your flights to the Dominican Republic based on regions. If you want to visit the Santo Domingo area, there are two airports – Las Americas (SDG) and La Isabela International Airport (JBQ). The former receives the bulk of international flights, while the latter mainly deals with domestic flights. Las Americas is also conveniently located for the popular beach towns of Boca Chica and Juan Dolio.
- Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) is a popular airport for those seeking coastal destinations, as it is only 15min away from the regions of Punta Cana and Cap Cana by car and close to the Bavaro, El Cortecito, Arena Gorda, Macao and Uvero Alto regions.
- Gregorio Luperon International Airport (POP) is approximately 20min away from Puerto Plata by car and close to the tourist towns of Cofresi, Playa Dorada, Sosua and Cabarete. Playa Grande and Rio San Juan are also an hour’s drive from the airport.
- La Romana International Airport (LRM) is located on the south-eastern coast. By car it is approximately 10min away from Casa de Campo Resort and Villas, 20min from Bavahine, less than 2h from Santo Domingo and less than 1h from Punta Cana.
- By car, El Catey International Aiport (AZS) is approximately 1h from Santa Barbara de Samana and the beaches of Las Galeras, and 30min from Las Terrenas.
- By car, Cibao International Airport is 15min away from Santiago and an easy distance from accommodation in La Vega, Jarabocoa and Constanza. It is also a second choice if you want to fly to Puerto Plata, as it is nearby.
- Maria Montez International Airport (BRX) is just under 2 mi north of Barahona, however this airport mainly receives domestic flights.
FAQs - booking Dominican Republic flights
How long is the flight to Dominican Republic?
The average direct flight from United Kingdom to Dominican Republic takes 25h 21m, covering a distance of 4281 miles. The most popular route is London - Punta Cana with an average flight time of 8h 50m.
What is the cheapest flight to Dominican Republic?
The cheapest ticket to Dominican Republic from United Kingdom found in the last 72 hours was £413. The most popular route is London to Punta Cana and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £436.
Which airlines fly to Dominican Republic?
Iberia & British Airways fly the most frequently from United Kingdom to Dominican Republic. The most popular route is London to Punta Cana, and Iberia and British Airways fly this route the most.
What are the most popular destinations in Dominican Republic?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Punta Cana (64% of total searches to Dominican Republic). The next most popular destinations are Santo Domingo (25%) and Puerto Plata (6%). Searches for flights to Santiago de los Caballeros (5%) and Samaná (0%) are also popular.
Are there direct flights to the Dominican Republic?
British Airways usually offers direct flights from London to Punta Cana twice a week. Alternatively, you can take direct charter flights. The routes offered are usually to Punta Cana or Puerto Plata from London Gatwick and Birmingham; they are usually part of a package with all-inclusive hotel stays, however you might be able to book empty seats through charter flight websites.
Do I need a visa to visit the Dominican Republic?
As a British citizen, you do not need a visa to visit the Dominican Republic, you may need to provide evidence of return or onward travel. If your trip is purely for tourism, you just need passport validity throughout your stay. For other purposes, 6 months validity is needed. Upon arrival. You will be granted 30 days of stay.
Do I need to bring local currency?
You can only obtain the Dominican peso in the country as the import and export of the currency is prohibited. You should exchange a small number of Dominican pesos at the airport first and get the rest from the banks, as they can offer a better deal.
I am travelling with a child, should I bring my own car seat?
Car seats for children are rare in the Dominican Republic, so if you plan to do a lot of travelling with hired cars, taxis or buses, it is advisable that you bring your own.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.