Find cheap flights to Punta Cana
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Punta Cana
- Looking for cheap airfare to Punta Cana? 25% of our users found return tickets to Punta Cana for the following prices or less: From Birmingham £404, from Manchester £521, from London £526
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Punta Cana is March.
- With its open-air design, Punta Cana Airport (PUJ) helps travellers to feel on holiday as soon as they land. In transit? The VIP Lounge in Terminal B is accessible via prepaid passes and even offers a swimming pool.
- Plenty of shops are available at Punta Cana Airport to keep you occupied, including duty-free, books, souvenirs, toys, accessories and even a branch of Hard Rock Cafe.
- Passengers with reduced mobility on flights to Punta Cana will find the airport easy to negotiate. Wheelchair users can enjoy assistance as well as dedicated queues, ramps and priority check-in.
- You may choose to hire a car to explore the Dominican Republic, and many firms from Hertz and Avis to Nelly and Ameri Rent have desks in both Terminals A and B. The rental car centre is a short walk from Terminal A, on the other side of the car park.
- Feeling the need to freshen up after a long flight to Punta Cana? Showers are available if you pay to access the VIP Lounge in Terminal B.
- Families on flights to Punta Cana will find themselves well cared for at the airport. As well as dedicated baby changing facilities and priority check-in lanes for families, there are children’s play areas to keep young travellers entertained.
FAQs - booking Punta Cana flights
How long is the flight to Punta Cana?
|Flights from London||8h 42m|
What is the cheapest flight to Punta Cana?
The cheapest airline ticket to Punta Cana from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £466 return on the route London to Punta Cana. The most popular route is London to Punta Cana and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £958 return.
Which airlines fly to Punta Cana?
In general from United Kingdom, Iberia and British Airways fly the most to Punta Cana. The most popular route is from London, and Iberia & British Airways fly this route the most.
How far is Punta Cana airport from central Punta Cana?
Punta Cana Airport is 9 miles from the centre of Punta Cana. View on map.
What is the name of Punta Cana’s airport?
Punta Cana is served by Punta Cana Airport, also commonly referred to as Punta Cana, Punta Cana Airport, Punta Cana Intl. The airport code is PUJ.
Is there an on-site hotel at Punta Cana Airport?
There is no hotel within the airport, but within a 5min drive of the terminal, you can be in bed at the Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village. The hotel offers a free round-trip shuttle that can be arranged in advance. Alternatively, the Westin Puntacana Resort & Club is a 10min drive from the airport – you will, however, need to arrange your own transport.
Where can I find a late-night bite to eat at Punta Cana Airport?
The food courts in Terminals A and B provide a wide range of options for hungry travellers on flights to Punta Cana, including international fast food chains like Baskin Robbins and Wendy’s, and casual eateries like Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. You can also enjoy a drink in the Sky Bar in Terminal A, or grab a sweet treat at Cinnabon. Opening hours of the food concessions vary, with the casual dining deli open 24h a day.
What travellers’ services does Punta Cana Airport provide?
As well as the usual shopping and dining opportunities, Punta Cana Airport is well equipped for travellers needing last-minute medical items, currency or other services. The airport pharmacy, Pharmacana, is located in Terminal A, while currency exchange counters can be found in the Arrivals areas of both terminals. ATMs are also available, and there are mobile charging points around the building to help keep you connected. Looking for some VIP treatment? Special pick up and fast-track services can be arranged through the airport at least 48h in advance.
What is the most convenient way for getting to and from Punta Cana Airport?
Taxi is the quickest and most comfortable way to finish your journey after your flight to Punta Cana. Available 24/7 from the terminal taxi stands, you can opt for the published fixed rates or you can try to negotiate your own fare. Expect to pay around 1700-2000 DOP (25-30 GBP) for a Punta Cana address.
How long is the journey from Punta Cana Airport to Santo Domingo?
Although Santo Domingo does have its own airport, travellers may find better flights to Punta Cana. Expreso Bavaro runs services from Punta Cana Airport and bus station to Santo Domingo, with a journey time of 3h and departures roughly every 2h between 09:00 and 16:00. Tickets cost 400 DOP (6 GBP) for a one-way trip. Transfer companies can also take you if you prefer a private car.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Punta Cana Plane Tickets(Return)
Pros: Cops is always a good reason to flight
Cons: They always change the gates, also too many disorders in the gate previous the boarding process, the process it is not clean. They took hand baggage aleatory to send to down and do not ask if we have fragile stuffs there.
Cons: The Premium Eco seats are a catastrophe. They don't recline: the seats only slide down slightly but the upper part of your body doesn't move much. This makes for a poor experience, especially on a night flight. Except if you need the extra width, Eco has better value.
Book Cheap Punta Cana Plane Tickets(One-way)
Pros: I had a great seat and the crew was very helpful and nice! It went very smoothly, especially considering the circumstances, and we even got there early!
Cons: I accidentally put this in the wrong survey (the PNS-ATL) one but there was a lot of changing of gates and running around before the flight. I understand how hectic this whole situation is though so I don’t blame you all at all and everyone I talked to was very helpful. The app helped a lot too with figuring out where I needed to go
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.