Find cheap flights to Ko Samui
Book Cheap Ko Samui Plane Tickets(Return)
Cons: The connection time between these two flights that you sell as a package is not enough. It is a 30 Min journey to do in a 45 min transfer, and the gate closes 30 mins before departure. Then if you’re first plane is delayed even by ten minutes (as mine was) you are more unable to catch your flight
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Ko Samui
- Looking for cheap airfare to Ko Samui? 25% of our users found return tickets to Ko Samui for the following prices or less: From Manchester £522, from London £554, from Birmingham £569
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Ko Samui is September.
- Ko Samui Airport (USM) is a popular gateway for travellers to southern Thailand. As the island receives international flights, it is a useful point of entry for those looking to reach other nearby islands including Ko Pha-ngan, Ko Phaluai and Ko Taen.
- Often described as ‘the most beautiful airport in the world’, Ko Samui Airport is largely outdoors. Immediately upon arrival you can start soaking up the sun or relax in landscaped areas surrounded by tropical plants, fish and bamboo seating.
- If you would prefer a more exclusive area, Blue Ribbon Club Lounges are available in both Domestic and International Departures. Show your lounge membership or book a prepaid pass to access beverages, internet, TV and newspapers.
- Feeling peckish after your flight to Ko Samui? Samui Park Avenue, the retail area of the airport, offers various options including a sports bar, Whittard Coffee and Tea, The Blue Elephant and an international food court.
- Travellers wishing to relax after long flights to Ko Samui can enjoy a traditional Thai massage before continuing their journey. Soul to Sole offers various treatments to rejuvenate body and mind.
- A small selection of shops are available at Ko Samui Airport, selling cosmetics, clothing, accessories and local souvenirs, as well as camera equipment and electronics.
FAQs - booking Ko Samui flights
How long is the flight to Ko Samui?
What is the cheapest flight to Ko Samui?
The cheapest airline ticket to Ko Samui from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £509 return on the route London to Ko Samui. The most popular route is London to Ko Samui and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £551 return.
How far is Ko Samui airport from central Ko Samui?
Ko Samui Airport is 2 miles from the centre of Ko Samui. View on map.
What is the name of Ko Samui’s airport?
Ko Samui is served by Ko Samui Airport, also commonly referred to as Ko Samui, Koh Samui, Samui. The airport code is USM.
Which airlines offer flights to Ko Samui?
Several airlines fly to Ko Samui from the UK, although none of them offer a direct service. Thai Airways, British Airways, Singapore Airlines and Emirates are among the major global carriers that service the airport, including at least one stopover in a major hub such as Bangkok, Singapore or Dubai. Ko Samui Airport is in fact owned and operated by Bangkok Airways, which offers many connecting flights to Bangkok or other airports within Thailand.
What is the fastest way to reach the ferry port from Ko Samui Airport?
If you are continuing your journey by ferry after a flight to Ko Samui, both Raja Ferry and Seatran Ferry are accessible from the airport. Nathon Pier (Seatran) is around a 40min drive from the airport, while it takes 55min to reach the Raja Ferry port. Pre-booked taxis are the best way to make sure you reach your connection, costing around ฿800 (£20) and ฿1,000 (£24) respectively.
Does Ko Samui Airport offer island-wide taxi services?
If you are not renting a car, the best way to get around the island is by taxi. These can be booked online in advance or at the Samui Accomm taxi counter in Arrivals. Rates are fixed depending on your destination, starting from around ฿400 (£9.60) to Bophut and reaching ฿1,000 (£24) for Lipa Noi. Shared minivans are also available, although they will normally only depart when at least 5 passengers on board. Fares vary from ฿100 (£2.40) for a nearby destination to ฿400 (£9.60) if you are travelling to the opposite side of the island.
Is there an on-site hotel at Ko Samui Airport?
No, travellers on late flights to Ko Samui will need to book accommodation nearby. Fortunately there are several options to choose from, and the majority of hotels on the island will offer a transfer service. Both the Samui Pier Beach Front Resort and Saboey Resort & Villas are just 5min from the terminal building.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.