Find cheap flights to Thailand
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£747||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Thailand
- Looking for cheap airfare to Thailand? 25% of our users found return tickets to Thailand for the following prices or less: From London £586, from Birmingham £590, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £627
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Thailand is September.
- Thailand has two international airports in Bangkok – Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) and Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) – and as these are located in the centre of the country, they provide a good starting point to explore north and south. If you wish to go to the north of the country, consider booking a flight to Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX), while if you would like to visit the south, then Phuket International Airport (HKT) is a good option.
- Visitors who would like to do some island hopping while in Thailand should consider booking a flight into Krabi Airport (KBV). Krabi is an ideal place to base yourself in order to visit the many islands in the area and is well-connected with flights to and from Bangkok airports.
- If you are looking at flights to Thailand in order to visit some of the attractions in the north-east of the country on the border with Laos, why not think about booking a connecting flight from Bangkok to Udon Thani International Airport (UTH), which serves as a hub for this region. Udon Thani International Airport only operates domestic flights, so you will need to fly in from one of the main airports in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.
- The U-Tapao Rayong Pattaya International Airport (UTP) in the Rayong province is a good airport to consider flying into if you want to spend your holiday on the island of Kho Samet. You will need to book a connecting flight from Bangkok or Phuket to Rayong or in the high season, Tui Airways operates direct flights from Birmingham Airport (BHX), London Gatwick (LGW) and Manchester Airport (MAN) to U-Tapao Rayong Pattaya International Airport.
- The best way to buy foreign currency for your trip to Thailand is to take some GBP or USD cash with you and change it at a bureau du change. These money exchange counters will yield better rates than the ATMs and can be found in the airports.
FAQs - booking Thailand flights
How long is the flight to Thailand?
What is the cheapest flight to Thailand?
Which airlines fly to Thailand?
What are the most popular destinations in Thailand?
Which airlines operate direct flights to Thailand?
Do I need a visa to visit Thailand?
I want to visit the province of Satun. Which airport is closest?
I want to visit Khao Yai National Park, which city should I fly to?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Thailand
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Thailand (Return)
Book cheap flights to Thailand (One-way)
Flights to Thailand
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.