Find cheap flights to Kolkata
Book Cheap Kolkata Plane Tickets (Return)
Pros: Some of the crew were friendly, certainly not all of them.
Cons: Seats were uncomfortable, food was subpar. Paid extra for a “twin” seat and after this experience I think passengers should be paid extra to sit here.
Book Cheap Kolkata Plane Tickets (One-way)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Kolkata
- Looking for cheap airfare to Kolkata? 25% of our users found return tickets to Kolkata for the following prices or less: From London £424, from Birmingham £500
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Kolkata is September.
- Kolkata Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU) is a modern, single-terminal airport that offers plenty of shops and services. Most are located airside, so arriving passengers should be sure to buy anything they need before passing through immigration.
- Feeling hungry after your flight to Kolkata? Passengers – especially those in transit – will find a range of eateries to choose from, including Biryani Bhai, Chicago Crust and The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Various tea and snack stalls also operate outside the terminal.
- Should you need to get local currency upon arrival at Kolkata Netaji S. Chandra Airport, you will find one bureau de change located in the Arrivals Hall. ATMs are also available on both Departures and Arrivals levels.
- Passengers on flights to Kolkata with infants can make use of the baby changing facilities around the terminal. Child Care Rooms are also located in Arrivals for mothers to nurse in privacy.
- Kolkata Netaji S. Chandra Airport is conveniently linked to the suburban railway system via Biman Bandar station. Trains can be accessed from Arrivals, and you can change at Dum Dum Junction to various urban and regional networks.
FAQs - booking Kolkata flights
How long is the flight to Kolkata?
What is the cheapest flight to Kolkata?
The cheapest airline ticket to Kolkata from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £467 return on the route London to Kolkata. The most popular route is London to Kolkata and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £685 return.
How far is Kolkata airport from central Kolkata?
Kolkata Airport is 8 miles from the centre of Kolkata. View on map.
What is the name of Kolkata’s airport?
Kolkata is served by Kolkata Netaji S. Chandra Airport, also commonly referred to as Netaji S. Chandra, Netaji Subhas Int, or simply Kolkata Airport. The airport code is CCU.
Which airlines fly to Kolkata?
As the main gateway to West Bengal, there are many airlines that offer flights to Kolkata from London and other UK cities. All routes, however, will include at least one stopover – probably in New Delhi, Mumbai or a global hub like Singapore or Doha. Jet Airways, Air India, Emirates and Qatar Airways are just some of the carriers to service this route.
What is the fastest way to get from Kolkata Airport to the city centre?
Although several local bus routes connect Kolkata Netaji S. Chandra Airport to the city centre, the closest bus stop is around 15min on foot from the terminal and services can be slow and irregular. The best way to reach the city centre is to take a taxi – choose from a prepaid or radio cab. Prepaid services should cost from ₹ 350 (£3.75) to ₹ 500 (£5.40) depending on your exact destination, while you will have to negotiate the fare with a radio cab driver. Be aware of "private" taxis, which are best avoided. The journey from the airport to the city centre can take anything between 30min and 1h 30min depending on traffic.
Is there an on-site hotel at Kolkata Netaji S. Chandra Airport?
Travellers who wish only to sleep after long flights to Kolkata can make use of the fully furnished Retiring Rooms in the terminal buildings – you can request accommodation through the airport manager’s office. Alternatively, Hotel Airways is located opposite the Domestic Terminal and offers an airport pick up for ₹ 200 (£2.10), while the Airport City Hotel is less than 1 mi from the terminal building and arranges transfers on request.
Where can I go to relax at Kolkata Netaji S. Chandra Airport?
If you’re in transit and need some time away from the hustle and bustle of the airport, you will find various options around the terminal. Masti Health & Beauty offers a range of relaxing spa services in Domestic Arrivals, or for a period of more serious contemplation, you can visit the airport’s prayer room. Of course, there are also various lounges available, for example, the Travel Club Lounges offer access to Priority Pass holders and passengers who book a one-time pass online in advance.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.