Find cheap flights to Sri Lanka
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (6% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£729||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sri Lanka
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sri Lanka? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sri Lanka for the following prices or less: From London £507, from Manchester £539, from Exeter £860
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Sri Lanka is September.
- Sri Lanka has one international airport, which is located in the capital, Colombo. Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) is situated to the north of Colombo and receives flights from the UK to Sri Lanka and also has onward connections to domestic airports, such as Sigiriya Airport (GIU) in the centre of the country.
- If you are planning on travelling to Sri Lanka in April, you should be aware that airfares might be higher during this period, especially in the latter half of the month, as the Sinhalese New Year is celebrated in the middle of April every year and Sri Lanka becomes a popular destination.
- For visitors wanting to spend time in the centre of Sri Lanka, you might consider booking a connecting domestic flight from Colombo to Sigiriya Airport. There are regular flights to Sigiriya operated by Cinnamon Air, Sri Lanka’s domestic airline, and from this base, you can continue your exploration via other forms of transport.
- Visitors to Sri Lanka must have a visa to enter the country and while it is possible to do this on arrival at the airport in Colombo, you could save time by applying for an ETA visa online beforehand. The visa is valid for 30 days, starting from the date of your arrival in Sri Lanka, but this can be extended for up to 6 months.
- It is better to buy your Sri Lankan currency once you have arrived in the country as traveller’s cheques are often not accepted. There are money exchange counters and ATMs at the airport in Colombo and it is a good idea to change some money as soon as you land in case you need to pay for your airport transfer in cash.
FAQs - booking Sri Lanka flights
How long is the flight to Sri Lanka?
What is the cheapest flight to Sri Lanka?
Which airlines fly to Sri Lanka?
What are the most popular destinations in Sri Lanka?
Are there non-stop flights to Sri Lanka?
Can I carry duty free alcohol into Sri Lanka?
Is it easy to fly from Colombo to other locations in Sri Lanka?
I am travelling to Hikkaduwa Beach, where should I fly to?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Sri Lanka
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Sri Lanka (Return)
Book cheap flights to Sri Lanka (One-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.