Find cheap flights to Cape Town
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (3% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£838||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cape Town
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cape Town? 25% of our users found return tickets to Cape Town for the following prices or less: From London £537, from Manchester £558, from Birmingham £560
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Cape Town is May.
- Cape Town International airport has a few car parks available. The long term car park is P5, whereas the general carparks are P3 and P4. There is also a Parkade car park at the international terminal, and should you need it, the airport has a valet parking service available.
- There are 9 car rental companies that have offices inside the airport, and some are open 24 hours a day. For flights to Cape Town arriving in the middle of the night, it is advised to research which companies will be open before you book your car. All car rental companies are located in front of the Central Terminal building.
- If you are heading to Cape Town for business, there is a conference centre located close to the Central Terminal building. It is perfect for quick meetings or for rental for a full day if you are planning a conference or a training. There are 4 rooms that can accommodate up to 85 persons.
- A-Teck offer a baggage storage service, they are located on the ground floor of Parkade 2 and have luggage lockers available. In addition, they offer a luggage wrapping service for a fee. They are open from 6am to 10pm, and prices start from about 4 GBP for 5 hours.
- There are porters available for hire should you need help carrying your bags after your flight to Cape Town airport. Official porters are the ones whose uniform is orange and black. Please note that the airport porters are all self-employed so there is no fixed rate per bag and they do rely on tips.
FAQs - booking Cape Town flights
What is the cheapest flight to Cape Town?
How far is Cape Town airport from central Cape Town?
What is the name of Cape Town’s airport?
How can I get from Cape Town International Airport to the city centre by public transport?
How much does a taxi cost from Cape Town International Airport to the city centre?
Are there any airport lounges available for passengers at Cape Town International Airport?
Is there an onsite hotel at Cape Town International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Cape Town Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Cape Town Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Cape Town Plane Tickets (One-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.