Find cheap flights to Lagos
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for deals on flights to Lagos
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (8% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£718||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Lagos
- Looking for cheap airfare to Lagos? 25% of our users found return tickets to Lagos for the following prices or less: From Birmingham £445, from Newcastle upon Tyne £513, from Aberdeen Dyce £558
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Lagos is February.
- One of the busiest airports in Africa, Lagos Murtala Muhammed Airport (LOS) serves not just the Nigerian capital but also the cities of Ikeja and Lekki. While it is actually closest to Ikeja (3 mi), downtown Lagos is only a short 8 mi hop away.
- Lagos Murtala Muhammed Airport features two terminals serving both international and domestic flights to Lagos. Should you need to transfer between the two, which are roughly 1 mi apart, you can make the journey easily on foot. Beware of transfer touts, who may charge you a large sum of money for the short trip – if you have lots of luggage and do need a cab, hail a licensed taxi.
- When it comes to leaving the airport, taxi is the safest and easiest way to get to your final destination. Licensed yellow taxis are found upstairs outside the departure lounge at Lagos Airport and should cost around 6,000 NGN (12.50 GBP) for the 30min ride to the city centre.
- Travellers on late flights to Lagos may prefer to spend the night at a nearby hotel before making the trip into the city – this is certainly the safest option. The Blue Lodge Hotel (budget) and Legend Hotel Lagos Airport (upmarket) are both located on the airport site.
- Thanks to its close proximity to the city, Lagos Murtala Muhammed Airport is well served by the business facilities at several nearby hotels like the Sheraton Lagos Hotel (2.5 mi from the airport). If you need to catch up on work or hold a conference as soon as you land, the hotel has numerous meeting areas available.
FAQs - booking Lagos flights
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Lagos?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Lagos?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Lagos?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Lagos?