Find cheap flights to Riga
Book Cheap Riga Plane Tickets (Return)
Pros: Our initial flight was cancelled by Norwegian. So when I tried to communicate this with RyanAir, they wouldn’t refund our money
Cons: Poor customer service. No way to communicate with your support team They kept our money when we couldn’t be in Barcelona due to our original flight was cancelled by Norwegian
Book Cheap Riga Plane Tickets (One-way)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Riga
- Looking for cheap airfare to Riga? 25% of our users found return tickets to Riga for the following prices or less: From London £63, from Nottingham East Midlands £66, from Manchester £88
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Riga is January.
- You’ll find the luggage storage service at Riga International airport in sector F on the 2nd floor. It costs about 5 EUR (4.4 GBP) per luggage on the first day, then about 3 EUR (2.6 GBP) per day after that. You can also store clothing and smaller items for a smaller fee, and a luggage wrapping service is also available.
- For business travellers who need to organise a meeting after their flight to Riga, the business centre ‘Magnetic Latvia’ has two rooms equipped with everything you might need for a meeting or presentation. Those two rooms can also be turned into one large room if you have a large group. It is located in section C in Departures, and is open every day from 10am to 7pm.
- For those looking for some quiet time during their stop over, you can head to the Business Lounge in the Schengen departures area. They have a self-serve buffet and beverages available, a children’s room to keep the little ones entertained, a shower with available towels, and three single rooms for hire if you need a nap.
- We all like to have a VIP treatment, and at Riga International airport that is possible through the VIP centre. Accessible to all passengers for a fee, you will have all pre-flight formalities taken care of by airport staff, and you will have your luggage transported with you to and from the plane on a dedicated vehicle.
- Stopovers after flights to Riga are definitely fun when you can do a tour of the airport on arrival and learn the history of the airport, how it developed over the years and how it operates. There are multiple tours during the day, lasting about 1h15 each, and they cost about 56 EUR (50 GBP) for adults for a tour in English, and about 37 EUR (33 GBP) for kids.
FAQs - booking Riga flights
How long is the flight to Riga?
|Flights from Edinburgh||2h 45m|
|Flights from Nottingham||2h 45m|
|Flights from London||2h 42m|
What is the cheapest flight to Riga?
The cheapest airline ticket to Riga from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £81 return on the route London to Riga. The most popular route is London to Riga and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £202 return.
Which airlines fly to Riga?
In general from United Kingdom, airBaltic, Etihad Airways and Ryanair fly the most to Riga. The most popular route is from London, and airBaltic, Etihad Airways & British Airways fly this route the most.
How far is Riga airport from central Riga?
Riga Airport is 5 miles from the centre of Riga. View on map.
What is the name of Riga’s airport?
Riga is served by Riga Intl Airport, also commonly referred to as Riga, Riga Intl, or simply Riga Airport. The airport code is RIX.
What public transport can I take from Riga International airport to the city centre?
There are a few bus options available from the airport. Bus number 22 and Express bus 322 both go to the central station, while Minibus 241 goes to Esplanade. Tickets cost around 1.10 EUR (1 GBP) each if purchased in advance, which can be done from the Welcome to Riga office in Arrivals Hall E, or from the vending machine at the bus stop. Alternatively, you can buy them from the driver for about 2 EUR (1.8 GBP).
How long is a taxi trip from Riga International airport to the city centre?
A taxi trip takes about 20 minutes from the airport to the centre. Before getting in a cab, you must ensure that the taxi rates are indicated on the vehicle, usually on the rear door on the right side of the car. Always check the price of the journey before the start of your trip.
Is there an onsite airport hotel at Riga International airport?
There is no hotel inside the airport, however Sky High Hotel is located only a 2-minutes’ walk from the terminal. Alternatively, there are three other hotel options all within 5 minutes from the airport. Best Western Hotel Mara offers an airport transfer shuttle for a fee, ABC Hotel Airport offers airport transfers by Baltic taxi, while Balta Maja hotel doesn’t offer a shuttle service.
I’m in a rush, can I go through security quicker?
If you’re in a hurry, you can buy a Fast Track security check coupon for about 10 EUR (9 GBP) before your flight. They are available at the Welcome to Riga office, and each coupon can only be used once. Please note that passengers who have the RIX club card can access the Fast Track service free of charge.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.