Find cheap flights to Hawaii
Book cheap flights to Hawaii(Return)
Pros: The seats, staff, entertainment, particularly liked that you served hot chocolate! The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful.
Cons: Food -vegan menu was bad for n the outgoing flight, better on the incoming flight. No vegan food available on domestic fight. Sitting in the aisle seat meant often people pushing past your seat.
Cons: They fed us expired food. Expired ice cream and expired yogurt. They could not put my wife and me together and I believe that it violates a new law passed by Senator Chuck Shummer. It made it difficult for me to get her medicine to her. On a short flight it wouldn’t matter as much. But we had to endure it for 15 hours. They only fed us two meals instead of 3. Other airlines put a sticker in front of you if you slept through the meal time.
Latest Hawaii Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Hawaii
- Looking for cheap airfare to Hawaii? 25% of our users found return tickets to Hawaii for the following prices or less: From London Heathrow £373, from London £677, from Manchester £820
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Hawaii is November.
- When looking for flights to Hawaii from the United Kingdom, keep in mind that you’ll have to take at least one stopover in the United States into account if you plan on flying directly from London, and at least two stopovers if you’re flying from elsewhere in the UK.
- The Big Island of Hawaii is served by two international airports: Kona International Airport (KOA) and Hilo International Airport (ITO). If you’re looking for an airport with more options when it comes to onward flights, Kona is the best connected. When booking your flight to Hawaii for this island, you can choose to have a stopover in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, or Honolulu.
- If you’d rather have more choices of where to have a stopover in the United States, select Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) when searching for flights to Hawaii. It’s served by direct flights from various major cities in the US, all of which can be reached from the UK. These connecting flights are mostly operated by Hawaiian Airlines, which the airport is a hub for.
- If you want to have more flexibility when looking for flights to Hawaii and aren’t sure which island you’re visiting, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has connecting flights to all five main airports in Hawaii.
- The islands of Kaua’i and Maui are served by Lihue Airport (LIH) and Kahului Airport (OGG), respectively. In addition to Los Angeles and San Francisco, you can also fly directly to these two islands from San Jose International Airport (SJC) and San Diego International Airport (SAN). Keep in mind that flights to these two airports from the UK are only operated by British Airways from Heathrow.
FAQs - booking Hawaii flights
How long is the flight to Hawaii?
The average direct flight from United Kingdom to Hawaii takes 30h 46m, covering a distance of 7143 miles. The most popular route is London - Honolulu with an average flight time of 19h 11m.
What is the cheapest flight to Hawaii?
The cheapest ticket to Hawaii from United Kingdom found in the last 72 hours was £492. The most popular route is London to Honolulu and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £492.
What are the most popular destinations in Hawaii?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Honolulu (67% of total searches to Hawaii). The next most popular destinations are Kahului (14%) and Kailua-Kona (8%). Searches for flights to Lihue (8%), Hoolehua (2%) and Hilo (1%) are also popular.
Which airport on the Big Island should I choose for my flight to Hawaii?
It depends on the reason you’re visiting the Big Island. If you’re booking a flight to Hawaii for the beach resorts, Kona Airport on the west side of the island is the closest. However, if you’re looking for volcanoes and the more offbeat side of the island, Hilo Airport is your best option.
I’m looking for flights to Hawaii from Wales. Which airports do I choose?
Passengers travelling from Wales can only travel from Cardiff Airport (CWL) and have to reckon with a flight to Hawaii with two or three stopovers. One of the simplest ways is to book a flight with low-cost airline Flybe to Edinburgh and from there take a Delta flight to Honolulu via New York.
Which airports in the north of England can I choose for a flight to Hawaii?
If you want the fewest stopovers possible, Thomas Cook Airlines and Virgin Atlantic operate seasonal flights from Manchester to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York (JFK), from where you can catch a flight to Hawaii. If you don’t mind the number of stopovers and prefer to have more options when it comes to airlines, you’ll have to fly out of London Heathrow. British Airways operates regular flights to this airport from Manchester, Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA), and Newcastle International Airport (NCL).
What’s the most convenient airport in Scotland to fly to Hawaii from?
Edinburgh is the airport in Scotland with the most options when it comes to airlines and routes. If you prefer the least number of stopovers possible, you can book a flight to Hawaii via New York (JFK) from this airport, operated by Delta. If you want more choices of airlines and don’t mind the number of stopovers in your route, you can fly out of Edinburgh, Glasgow Airport (GLA), Inverness Airport (INV), or Aberdeen International Airport (ABZ) to London Heathrow, and from there connect to Hawaii via Los Angeles or San Francisco.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.