Find cheap flights to the United States
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (24% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£641||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to the United States
- Looking for cheap airfare to the United States? 25% of our users found return tickets to the United States for the following prices or less: From London £374, from Glasgow £458, from Manchester £461
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to the United States is February.
- The United States can be accessed by many international airports, so your decision as to where to fly will depend on which part of the country you would like to visit. New York is a good hub for the east coast, while you could consider San Francisco for the west coast. Miami is a good hub for the south of the United States, while Denver, Colorado is a good central hub.
- If you are looking at flights to the United States so you can visit the Grand Canyon National Park, you should consider flying into McCarran Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas or Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), which are the closest international airports. From Las Vegas, journey is approximately 124 mi, while from Phoenix it is 251 mi to the south entrance of Grand Canyon National Park.
- Each state has its own law regarding the use of child seats in cars but in general, it is mandatory in the United States for children under the age of 8, or the age of 6 in some states, to use a child car seat or booster seat. If you are hiring a car to travel from the airport, you will be able to hire a child car seat through your car hire company. Please note that in many states, taxis are exempt from the rule for child car seats, so for safety, you may wish to travel with your own seat.
- When you are on your flight to the United States, you will be given a customs declaration form as well as an arrivals/departures form to complete. After passing through immigration where you present the arrivals/departures form, you will be required to go through customs and border control, where you will be asked for the customs declaration form stating what, if anything, you are importing into the country.
- If you hold a British passport that states you are a full British citizen, you will be able to enter the United States using the visa waiver programme. In order to be eligible for this programme, which will allow you entry into the USA for 90 days without a visa, you need to have an ePassport that is valid for 6 months from the date you arrive in the United States and you should also have approval from the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation.
FAQs - booking the United States flights
How long is the flight to the United States?
What is the cheapest flight to the United States?
Which airlines fly to the United States?
What are the most popular destinations in United States?
Are there non-stop flights to the United States?
I want to do a road trip through the southern states, which airport is best?
Where should I fly to in the United States if I want to go to Disneyland?
I am going to Vail Colorado – which airport should I fly into?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to the United States
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to United States (Return)
Book cheap flights to United States (One-way)
Flights to the United States
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.