Find cheap flights to Poland
Latest Poland Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Poland
- Looking for cheap airfare to Poland? 25% of our users found return tickets to Poland for the following prices or less: From London £62, from London Luton £68, from Bristol £117
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Poland is March.
- Flights to Poland usually land in Warsaw. Warsaw is a great place to start your holiday in Poland due to its central location, which makes it easy for you to travel around Poland. From Warsaw, you can easily take domestic flights or trains to cities such as Bydgoszcz, Gdańsk, Katowice, Krakow, Lodz, Poznań, Rzeszów, Szczecin, Wrocław and Zielona Góra. The two international airports in Warsaw are Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW) and Warsaw Modlin Airport (WMI). Most international flights land at Warsaw Chopin Airport, while budget airlines usually land at Warsaw Modlin Airport.
- If you are looking to visit Poland’s most popular tourist attractions, like the Town Square, Wawel Castle and Kazimierz, you should consider flights to Poland that land in Krakow. The main airport in Krakow is John Paul II International Airport (KRK).
- If you are looking for a seaside vacation, Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport is the place to fly to. Located near the Baltic coast of Poland, Gdańsk is the perfect base for a retreat to the seaside.
- As a British citizen, you do not currently need a visa to travel to Poland. It may be worth checking the government website for the most-up-to-date information on travel to Poland and within the Schengen zone.
- The currency used in Poland is the Polish Zloty. You can exchange pounds for zloty in Poland or in the UK, however Scottish and Northern Irish notes are not accepted for exchange in Poland.
FAQs - booking Poland flights
How long is the flight to Poland?
The average direct flight from United Kingdom to Poland takes 4h 41m, covering a distance of 888 miles. The most popular route is London - Warsaw with an average flight time of 2h 25m.
What is the cheapest flight to Poland?
The cheapest ticket to Poland from United Kingdom found in the last 72 hours was £30. The most popular route is London to Warsaw and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £123.
Which airlines fly to Poland?
Ryanair, Wizz Air & British Airways fly the most frequently from United Kingdom to Poland. The most popular route is London to Warsaw, and LOT fly this route the most.
What are the most popular destinations in Poland?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Krakow (35% of total searches to Poland). The next most popular destinations are Warsaw (34%) and Gdansk (8%). Searches for flights to Katowice (4%), Rzeszow (4%) and Wroclaw (4%) are also popular.
Where should I fly to if I want to visit Wieliczka Salt Mine?
Fly to John Paul II International Airport for day trips to Wieliczka Salt Mine, as Krakow is also a great base for that. Wieliczka is only 16 mi southeast of Krakow. You can travel to Wieliczka by train, bus or hire car or book an organised tour.
Where should I fly to in Poland if I want to take short trips to Ukraine?
You can fly to Warsaw Chopin Airport or John Paul II International Airport. Krakow provides easy connections to Lviv, Ukraine via train. While from Warsaw, there are many affordable direct flights to Lviv, Ukraine. British passport holders do not currently need a visa to enter Ukraine for short stays of up to 90 days within a 180 day period.
What transport can I take from Warsaw Chopin Airport to the city centre?
You can take the bus, train and taxi from Warsaw Chopin Airport. If you are taking a taxi, make sure to choose licenced taxis. Unregulated taxi drivers can be found at the Warsaw airports and they usually overcharge. Licenced taxis will have the name and phone number of the taxi company on the side of the door and on the top of the taxi. A rate card will also be displayed on the window of the vehicle. Taxis with an emblem but no company name are not licenced taxis. Alternatively, you can also hire a car in the arrival halls of Warsaw Chopin Airport.
What transport can I take from John Paul II International Airport to the city centre?
You can take the bus, train and taxi from John Paul II airport. The only official taxi service at the airport is Krakow Airport Taxi and a flat rate is charged based on distance. You can find the taxis in front of the terminals. If you would like to rent a car, you can do so at the offices in the level 1 passenger terminal.
Where should I fly to if I want to visit Auschwitz?
If you would like to take a day trip to Auschwitz, Krakow is the best place to base yourself. You can fly to John Paul II International Airport, the main airport in Krakow, or Katowice Airport, which is a hub for low-cost airlines like Ryanair. From Krakow, you have many choices for travelling to Auschwitz; you can arrange your own transport to Auschwitz by bus or train or opt for an organised tour.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book cheap flights to Poland(Return)
Pros: I was at the gate. Before the door to enter the airplane. The Hungarian crew wasn’t telling me that they are closing the gate or going to close it. They completely ignore me and let me stand there and at the end I see the door close in front of me, 2 meter from me and they told me I mised flight.
Cons: I lost my money and I had to buy new flight with other company. Wizzair crew at budapest was very rude and didn’t take responsibility for the mistake they did. They could just say they are closing the door but nobody did. 2 meters from me and after I passed all security they ignored me completely.
Pros: We had an eventless and safe flight and it was not too cold on the plane.
Cons: There was no paper towel in the toilet, the water for the tee was not warm enough to have tee. We have been told to have 10-20 min delay we arrived much later. And the intonation of the speaking stewardess was so annoying that you could not listen to it :( These are minor things but can change the customer experience.
Pros: I appreciate having updates about the flight mid flight.
Cons: Better management of certain unruly passengers causing a scene by taking seats which were not for them because they can’t be bothered to book two seats together during the booking process and try and take a short cut when it comes to getting on the plane.
Cons: You must check in few hours before the flight. Checking in at the airport will cost you 35€. Besides that, the boarding took almost 40min and the seats are not comfy at all. That said, i would rather pay extra $50 and fly with normal company.
Pros: Is a case of what didn’t I like. When you fly low budget just expect surprises. The small prints are terrible clauses and you will never know when they will get you. Today I was charged £25 on the spot by WIZZ AIR at the boarding gate, even if I disagreed with the charges, I wasn’t prepared to miss my flight W61301 from Warsaw to Luton. There is a degree of unfairness with these impromptu and extra charges. I came on the same flight with the same bag and there was no hassle. I was a soft target and whilst I had no problem with the flight and the service provided, I will not recommend @wizzair. I felt the extra charge was a con.
Cons: WIZZ Air need to be sensible. I travelled from London to Warsaw without any problem and they made a problem on my way back.!
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.