Find cheap flights to Sao Paulo
Book Cheap Sao Paulo Plane Tickets (Return)
Pros: Seat in Business Class Dreamliner was excellent-very comfortable with great flexibility of use. Service was attentive, but challenged to understand English
Cons: Entertainment selection of movies and music was very poor and too limited. Food was of inferior quality for business class
Book Cheap Sao Paulo Plane Tickets (One-way)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sao Paulo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sao Paulo? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sao Paulo for the following prices or less: From Manchester £399, from London £499, from Glasgow Intl £505
- Book at least 6 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Sao Paulo is May.
- One of the biggest cities in Brazil, Sao Paulo (SAO) is served by three major airports. Congonhas Airport, though closest to the city centre, is largely for regional and domestic flights, so passengers arriving on flights to Sao Paulo from the UK will likely land at Guarulhos Intl Airport (GRU).
- Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport is large, consisting of three separate terminal buildings. International flights tend to land at large and modern T3, which is connected to T2 (regional and Latin American flights) by walkway. There is also a free shuttle bus between all three terminals.
- Passengers on flights to Sao Paulo with young children can make use of the baby changing facilities in the airport toilet areas. There are 56 in total, available right the way through the terminal buildings.
- A prayer room is available at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport for travellers wishing to take a few moments to themselves. It is open from 07:00 to 00:00 but must be booked in advance.
- In need of some relaxation after a long flight to Sao Paulo? Massages are offered at Clínica Oriental in T3, while Hands ‘N Feet provides manicures and pedicures, and T2 features a hairdressing salon.
- Currency exchange services are available at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport, including branches of Banco Safra in T2 and T3 Arrivals. All are open 24h, and there are also plenty of ATMs.
FAQs - booking Sao Paulo flights
How long is the flight to Sao Paulo?
|Flights from London||11h 27m|
What is the cheapest flight to Sao Paulo?
The cheapest airline ticket to Sao Paulo from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £236 return on the route London to Sao Paulo. The most popular route is London to Sao Paulo and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £494 return.
Which airlines fly to Sao Paulo?
In general from United Kingdom, LATAM Airlines, British Airways and Japan Airlines fly the most to Sao Paulo. The most popular route is from London, and LATAM Airlines, British Airways & Japan Airlines fly this route the most.
Which Sao Paulo airport is closest to central Sao Paulo?
Sao Paulo is served by 3 major airports. Sao Paulo Congonhas (6 miles) is the closest to the centre of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport is 13 miles from the centre and Sao Paulo Viracopos is 49 miles away from the centre. View on map.
What services does Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport offer to travellers?
As well as plenty of shops – including 24h duty-free shopping in Departures and Arrivals – you will find several useful amenities for travellers. Luggage storage is available in T2 and T3, and there is a 24h pharmacy in T3 for last-minute medical supplies. A post office operates in the Departures zone, and there is a seamstress’ workshop in T3 (10:00 to 22:00) in case you lose a suit button during your flight to Sao Paulo. Showers are available in several of the pay-on-the-door airport lounges.
How can I get from Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport to Sao Paulo Congonhas Airport?
If you need to transfer to the domestic airport after your international flight to Sao Paulo, Airport Bus Service Line E departs approximately every 40min from each terminal. The journey to Congonhas takes around 1h 10min and costs R$ 47,50 (£9.40). A taxi should take about 1h depending on traffic and cost at least R$ 150 (£30).
Is there an on-site hotel at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport?
Travellers arriving on flights to Sao Paulo who wish to grab some sleep while in transit can check into one of two airport hotels. Slaviero Fast Sleep in T2 offers sleep cabins with bunk beds and bathrooms, which are available by the hour. Tryp by Wyndham Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport is in T3 and only accepts passengers with international boarding cards; rooms are available by the hour and feature special categories for family and fitness (featuring an exercise bike). Prefer to sleep outside the airport? The Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel is just 7min away and offers free airport transfers.
What is the fastest way to get from Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport to the city centre?
As traffic can be bad in Sao Paulo, it may take around 30min-1h to get downtown in a taxi. Cabs are available outside each terminal and offer fixed rates from around R$ 110 (£22) depending on your exact destination. Buses also serve various destinations in the city centre, and it is becoming increasingly possible to use the train. The airport station is, however, a shuttle bus ride away from the terminal and the train route involves several changes.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.