Find cheap flights to Thera
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (9% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£350||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Thera
- Looking for cheap airfare to Thera? 25% of our users found return tickets to Thera for the following prices or less: From Manchester £171, from London £176, from Birmingham £180
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Thera is January.
- Thera Santorini/Thira Airport (JTR) is a small international airport that serves travellers visiting the Greek island of Santorini. In addition, it sees plenty of seasonal traffic for visitors to islands including Ios, Naxos, Anafi and Thirasia.
- Passengers on flights to Thera should be aware that the airport operates seasonal opening hours, meaning that it may close as early as 18:30 in the winter months. Services such as shops and cafés also operate according to these times.
- Taxis are available at Thera Airport from a rank directly outside the terminal. Cabs are metered and take around 25min to reach Fira city centre; the fare will be around 35€ (£30) with a surcharge of 0,38€ (£0.33) for every bag weighing more than 10kg. Numerous private transfer companies can be booked in advance to avoid queuing.
- Thera Santorini/Thira Airport does not offer any passenger lounges. If you have a long time in transit you may prefer to go to a nearby town or beach, such as Monolithos (2 mi from the airport).
- In need of some local currency after your flight to Thera? A Onexchange currency booth operates daily from 07:00 to 00:00 in the Arrivals Hall (high season only), and you can also make use of several ATMs operated by local banks.
- Renting a car can be a popular way to get around Santorini, and a couple of companies are available at Thera Airport itself. The car rental desks for Avance, Budget and Hertz are found inside the terminal building on the Arrivals level.
FAQs - booking Thera flights
How long is the flight to Thera?
What is the cheapest flight to Thera?
Which airlines fly to Thera?
How far is Thera airport from central Thera?
What is the name of Thera’s airport?
What is the fastest way to get to Athinios Port from Thera Airport?
Are there any hotels near to Thera Santorini/Thira Airport?
Are there public transport links to Thera Airport?
What shopping opportunities are available at Thera Santorini/Thira Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Thera Santorini/Thira
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Thera Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Thera Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Thera
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.