Find cheap flights to Japan
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|May||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£932||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Japan
- Looking for cheap airfare to Japan? 25% of our users found return tickets to Japan for the following prices or less: From Edinburgh Turnhouse £610, from Birmingham £623, from London £652
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Japan is January.
- Flights to Japan arrive at several aviation hubs. The busiest airports are in Tokyo – Haneda Airport (HND) and Narita International Airport (NRT). The distance from Haneda to central Tokyo is about 14km, while Narita is about 60km from the city centre. If you fly from the UK, you are most likely to land at Narita, but some international flights do land in Haneda. Although further from the city centre, Narita Airport is very well connected to central Tokyo with fast and efficient trains.
- The two international airports in the centre of the country also handle many of the incoming international flights to Japan. The first is Kansai International Airport (KIX) in Osaka and the second is Chubu Centrair International Airport (NGO) in Nagoya.
- If you would like to fly to one of the islands in Japan, such as Kyushu, you can fly to Fukuoka Airport (FUK) or Okinawa Airport (OKA). However, these flights usually require a stopover in Tokyo.
- British citizens travelling to Japan do not need a visa to enter the country, and you can stay for up to 90 days with no visa. You may need to present a proof of a return ticket or ticket for onward travel.
- Japan’s currency is the yen they mainly use cash. You may have trouble paying with a foreign credit or debit card, so it is advisable to exchange some yen prior to travelling to Japan. However, most hotels, large department stores and mid- to high-end restaurants do accept cards.
- If you are planning to travel to Japan during Sakura season, note that airfares and hotel rates may be higher than usual.
FAQs - booking Japan flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from the United Kingdom to Japan due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Japan?
What is the cheapest flight to Japan?
Which airlines fly to Japan?
What are the most popular destinations in Japan?
Are there direct flights to Japan?
Where should I fly to if I want to see Mt Fuji?
Where should I fly to if I want to visit Himeji Castle?
Which airport in Osaka should I fly to?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airline flying to Japan
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Japan Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Japan
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.