Find cheap flights to Tokyo
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|August||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£810||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Tokyo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Tokyo? 25% of our users found return tickets to Tokyo for the following prices or less: From London £448, from Manchester £590, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £633
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July, August and September. The cheapest month to fly to Tokyo is January.
- Two airports serve Tokyo – Haneda which is 8 miles away from the city and is the hub for domestic as well as international flights, and Narita which is 37 miles away and receives more international than domestic flights. There are better transfer options from Tokyo Narita Airport to the city but the transfers from Tokyo Haneda, although a little more complicated, are much quicker and cheaper.
- Both Tokyo Haneda Airport and Tokyo Narita Airport have facilities for travellers with babies so wherever your flight to Tokyo lands you know it will be easy to find somewhere to take care of your baby’s needs. There are nursing stations and baby change facilities located in all terminals of both airports, both before and after security, and these come equipped with hot water supply, breastfeeding booth and changing tables.
- Travellers who want to have a rest between flights or freshen up after their flight to Tokyo Narita Airport can take advantage of the capsule hotel in T2. The “nine hours Narita Airport” has a 24-hour reception desk and travellers can rent a room and a shower for a few hours to nap and freshen up, or overnight if they have a lengthy layover and need to sleep – in this case the shower is free of charge.
- Tokyo Haneda Airport has shower rooms that can be rented for travellers to freshen up after flights to Tokyo. All amenities such as towel, shampoo, soap and hair dryer are provided and included in the cost. It is also possible to hire refreshment rooms at this airport, that give you some privacy to shower and rest. There are no beds in these refreshment rooms, only a comfortable chair.
- For travellers who need to eat something before continuing their journey, both Narita and Haneda Airports have a range of great restaurants to try out. For the adventurous eaters there are Japanese restaurants which serve sushi and udon. For those who are happy with what they know, Narita has a McDonald’s and Haneda, alongside the Japanese cuisine has options for ‘European Food’ or café’s and snacks.
FAQs - booking Tokyo flights
What is the cheapest flight to Tokyo?
Which airlines fly to Tokyo?
Which Tokyo airport is closest to central Tokyo?
How do I get from Tokyo Haneda Airport to Tokyo?
How do I get from Tokyo Narita to Tokyo?
How do I transfer from Tokyo Narita to Tokyo Haneda for connecting flights?
Is it possible to store luggage at Tokyo Narita and Tokyo Haneda Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Tokyo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (One-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.