Find cheap flights to Sofia
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sofia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sofia? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sofia for the following prices or less: From Bristol £54, from London £83, from Manchester £138
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July, August and September. The cheapest month to fly to Sofia is January.
- In order to get to and from the Sofia Airport to the city centre use city bus line 84 or 184. You can buy the ticket at the ticket machine in the arrivals area and the trip will last up to 40 minutes depending on your final stop. For those who prefer a more comfortable mode of transport, Sofia Airport has an official taxi service which is easy to find in front of the terminals.
- If you want to drink some tea or coffee after your flight to Sofia, you can have a seat at Sky Café in terminal 2 and enjoy your beverage. You can also get a sandwich and other snacks at Deli Sandwich bar.
- Exchanging money before flights to Sofia? Do not worry about doing this before you leave – you can find cash points in all public areas of the airport and currency exchange counters at both terminals.
- If you want to rest comfortably while waiting for your flight at the Sofia Airport, head to one of the three lounges that you can access by paying a fee at the entrance. All lounges offer magazines, beverages, Wi-Fi and television. A separate smoking area is available only at the Preslav Lounge.
- Parents travelling with infants can find two nursing rooms in each terminal with baby cots and changing tables. There is also a play zone in the paid Sofia Lounge where small children can enter free of charge.
- People who need to take a breather and release some tension after the flight to Sofia can take their time at a prayer and meditation room located in Terminal 2.
FAQs - booking Sofia flights
What is the cheapest flight to Sofia?
The cheapest airline ticket to Sofia from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £39 return on the route London to Sofia. The most popular route is London to Sofia and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £216 return.
Which airlines fly to Sofia?
In general from United Kingdom, Wizz Air, Ryanair and American Airlines fly the most to Sofia. The most popular route is from London, and Wizz Air, Ryanair & American Airlines fly this route the most.
How far is Sofia airport from central Sofia?
Sofia Airport is 4 miles from the centre of Sofia. View on map.
What is the name of Sofia’s airport?
Sofia is served by Sofia Airport, also commonly referred to as Sofia, Sofia Intl. The airport code is SOF.
What is the fastest way to get to the city centre of Sofia from Sofia Airport?
If you want to get into the city centre as quickly as possible, take Metro line 1 which will deliver you to the centre of Sofia in about 18 minutes. You can buy metro tickets from the machine at Sofia Airport Metro Station and it is advisable that you have Bulgarian currency on you as only one machine accepts credit cards.
Can I rent a car at Sofia Airport?
Yes, there is a number of rental companies operating at both terminals and they are open until midnight. Some of the companies allow you to reserve a car in advance via internet, you can find the list of the rental companies at the Sofia Airport’s website.
Is it possible to park a car at Sofia Airport?
There is a public car parking in front of the airport that is open 24/7 but keep in mind that there is no surveillance. There is also a parking garage connected to terminal 2 and the rates are the same for both options.
Are there any shops at Sofia Airport?
You can find a few basic shops selling convenience items, newspapers or souvenirs in terminal 1. If you want more shopping options, go to terminal 2 which has more shops with books, clothes, electronics and jewellery.
Are there any budget airlines that serve Sofia Airport?
Sofia Airport is the base for Ryanair and Wizz Air, the most popular budget airlines in Europe which have frequent flights to Sofia from the UK. Keep your eye out for a range of great deals.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Sofia Plane Tickets (Return)
Pros: I was at the gate. Before the door to enter the airplane. The Hungarian crew wasn’t telling me that they are closing the gate or going to close it. They completely ignore me and let me stand there and at the end I see the door close in front of me, 2 meter from me and they told me I mised flight.
Cons: I lost my money and I had to buy new flight with other company. Wizzair crew at budapest was very rude and didn’t take responsibility for the mistake they did. They could just say they are closing the door but nobody did. 2 meters from me and after I passed all security they ignored me completely.
Pros: I think some of the issues were passenger related, and passengers not listening to the crew. So it wasn't so much I liked it but some of the crew's attitudes were warranted based on the passengers.
Cons: We were loaded onto the bus to take us to the plane and then stood on the bus for 45 minutes! Then were delayed even longer. With zero explanation the entire time. Additionally having to pay for even water is a bit much, especially when I came prepared, but drank more because it was hot on the bus.
Book Cheap Sofia Plane Tickets (One-way)
Cons: WizzAir's service. The flight had an 8 hour delay due to bad weather, while Tarom had a flight on the same route, under the same circumstances, and managed to fly to and from Valencia within a much more acceptable 2 hour delay.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.